1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are still a gimmicky and soft team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LCII, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Lando

Lando Member

Shut your slut mouth

3 people like this.
  2. Play07

Play07 Member

you've said enough right there, see my sig... the problem still isn't solved..

people want another PG to get more assist etc well we have to have the players that are capable of running the sets.

3. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

We never adjusted and Mchale has a BAD HABIT of taking out the 2nd string bench players when they're HOT and then sits them on the bench until the middle of the 3rd period. His "old skool" boston days when teams played their starters during rough stretches can be a curse with this team.

Also, the thing with having a strong PG's like D Williams of the nets and other PG's is they LEAD with court vision. When teams are going thru bad stretches in games they get them back on track. Until Beverly figures this out along with his lackluster court vision we're gonna have rough patches during games. Howver, the X Factor I think is T Jones coming back as well as less turnovers the longer these guys learn to play in sync with one another (they have about 5-6 turnovers per game right now due to bad timing)....so, I think we'll get back to winning more close games we're loosing by 5-10 pts versus the one's we lost like last night,the Spurs by 4 and the Wizards by 1 point

4. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

oh yes and I agree with ya Blurr#7!

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Good teams lose to bad team every once in a while. You calling Chicago soft?

6. tdo

tdo Member

Ugh, yea and Chicago is a soft and gimmicky team. You know cause they just lost to the Magic, and let them score 120...

Bad games happen. Orlando, like it or not, played a pretty solid game last night. Their spacing was great with Vucevic and Frye, and Oladipo's game was on point. Not to excuse our lackadaisical play, but give credit where credit is due. The Magic executed better down the stretch. That doesn't mean we are soft or gimmicky, just means you have to come up with some sort of kneejerk reaction or scapegoat for why we lost.

7. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Agreed. Sometimes s#$# happenz

8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

This seems to be a common theme when we play lowly Western teams, and practically anyone in the East. I've also noticed, we don't tend to play well in the first half of early games.

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I love the GARM after a loss or when one of our star players has a bad game.

Loss = This team is garbage, contenders must go 82-0
    Harden has a bad game = his offense is an illusion, can't create his own shot
    Howard has a bad game = Howard is really only 6'8.25" in high heels, too small to play C

10. SemisolidSnake

See, I place most of the blame any time I see that in any sport on coaching. In addition to being able to manage the psychology of his players, a coach also needs to make it clear that you give it your all or you give your butt to the bench. Championship coaches don't get there solely by being brilliant tacticians. They get there by being great coaches, which involves a hell of a lot more than than just calling out plays. Houston's the best damn example of a sports town where players showing great potential become average, get traded, and immediately start to wreck everything in sight.

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

[​IMG]

12. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

We aren't soft for losing to a bad team. We are soft because we play without motivation against bad teams.

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

To hell with you. Let's trade Harden and Howard for Cousins and Lowry. That'll definitely win it all for us. Harden is only averaging MVP numbers, not SMVP numbers. #sarcasm

14. Jakey

Jakey Member

Oh the Rockets team that has a better record then the Mavericks and beat them earlier this year? Glad the playoffs don't start in January. :confused:

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

they're def not contenders but they can still get to that level. they have a new roster again which means they need time to ubuild chemistry. and for some reason i dont see this mentioned a lot here but dwight has been dealing with his bad knee since he came back. thats mostly why he's been playig like a role player since he came back. tho its been almost a month and we didnt pay him 20+ mil to be a role player so he has to get back to the 2nd option sooner than later.

inconsistency and dwight are the two biggest things holding this team back. since they're so inconsistent i cant tell whether or not they have enough good plays to run, too much iso ball. im just gonna assume when they're balling they dont forget to run their plays

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

tons of "hard" teams do that. Last year we lost a lot more of this e kinds of games. This year? not so much. The last bad team we've lost to was NOLA a month ago.

We've only lost 4 games against crappy teams this year and NOLA were two of them. They are gunning for the 8th seed. other bad losses were to the Lakers and Orlando.

CALM DOWN.

#36 REEKO_HTOWN, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  17. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Who cares? How many bad teams are we going to go up against in the playoffs?

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Exactly. Like what that other poster said, talk about a nostrodumbass :rolleyes:

The dumbest part of all is Dallas actually has a worse record than the Rox and are currently 1-8 against Wester playoff teams...including the Rox.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Not sure they are more talented. The results of the games certainly don't suggest that this team has performed better than last year's.

And we can't even use the "Dwight missed a bunch of games" excuse. The Rockets have not been much better after Dwight's return than they were during his absence. Maybe Dwight is just "coasting" and will become much better when it comes closer to playoff time, maybe not. There is no guarantee with these things.

And I don't know that "gimmicky" and "soft" has any meaning. The team just isn't good enough on offense because it lacks a second perimeter playmaker. So, they end up having to take a ton of 3s and not getting to the basket as much as they'd like while turning the ball over too much.

The Rockets are a "pretty good" team. But the Western Conference is full of "pretty good" teams. It looks like that the Rockets, like most other playoff teams in the West, are facing a "coin flip" series from 1st round on. They need to find a significant addition in order to to weigh the odds in their favor before the playoffs start.

#39 Carl Herrera, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  20. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

So far, the Rockets have ranged from between being a 1st place to 3rd place team right now in their conference depending on the week as the wins and losses are airtight between the top teams. So right now that's all that matters as they continue to improve regardless of speculation.