1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are out of the Melo sweepstakes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Sep 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I think we need to get involved and help the Nuggets facilitate this move. I would really like it if we are made part of a three or four team deal to help them move out Carmelo Anthony but gain some good players or assets back in return. Maybe we can gain some depth or a starter? Somewhere we have the assets to not only make this trade but help them make it and gain for ourselves and continue to gain until the right deal does eventually come along for us. Help them out Morey and help us out too in the process. Keep making deals until we have everything we need. Make it rediculous how much we can offer or have in talent. Just keep adding until we have too much. There is no such thing.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Are you kidding

Iggy is one of the best defensive wings in basketball. At this point he is probably better than Battier, who is no longer in his prime.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

I mean, how can you not realize that about Iguodala.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

5. HorneR

HorneR Member

He's statistically one of the best best man-to-man defenders in the league. Not to mention he'd most likely fit this team better than Melo, as we have plenty of offensive firepower, but no real facilitator and minimal defensive presence. The problem is we'd most likely have to give up too much to get him...

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I wouldn't be stunned if our actual target in all this was D. Favors. Not that he's a game-changer yet. But he was our apparent target at the #2 spot. Some likely rumors even had us taking on Elton Brand's hideous contract with the #2 pick.

Of course, we drafted Paterson, and we have too many 4's anyway. But given NJ's $3 million in cap space, our $6+ million TE, surplus of 4's and future picks, you could see something happen along these lines.

Favors not being Melo, but if Melo is just angling for the NY metro area anyway...

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It's been time for that.

8. anchel

anchel Member

Their PF position then would be a desert, they have nothing more.

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

TBH I would much rather have Iggy than Melo. Iggy is a great team player with no issues on or off the court. His only downside is he is somewhat overpaid and despite trying to trade him every year, the 76'ers don't appear to understand he is not worth the added baggage of Brand's contract.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

In the Admirals Club at the Chicago Ohare Airport doing EXACTLY that.

:)

DD

11. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

NEWS FLASH: Rockets were never in the Melo sweepstakes

Big name players dont want to play in Houston.

Its all about

[​IMG]

12. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i wonder if morey decides down the road that we are too backwoods for his talents.

13. Htown's2kFinest

twitter

14. Raven

Raven Member

It's possible.

:(

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Makes sense... obviously if Gallinari has a great November or if Favors breaks his knees, it will change things.

16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If this were to pan out as truth, then if your not NY, LA, Boston, or Chicago, you may as well fold your tent.

17. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

So, this is the definitive "we're out of it" twit? (Sorry, "tweet" is what I meant.)

My reaction after leaving the tanning booth and re-entering the GARM:

[​IMG]

18. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

good point....and I know I remember seeing Murphys name in rumors here and there surrounding this deal..which is another reason why my thinking is that they really dont have any intention of trading him

19. NJRocket

all valid points....but in the end, thats being AWFULLY picky for a team that is, by most accounts, going to lose Melo for zippo next summer

20. NJRocket

because this isnt fantasy basketball....just because he averages more steals per game doesnt make him a better defender when it comes to guarding guys like Kobe