1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are MENTALLY weak right now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WeMissDekeMan, May 9, 2009.

1. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Destroying ?

Odon can't guard Scola and get back down like little girl and Scola is not defending Odom.

So pls buy a TV and watch the game instead of the scoreboard.

2. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

As Rick Adelman said, we didn't have as much playoff experience as people implied in the Blazers-Rockets Series and it is showing. We did have an advantage, but not a huge one.

Lakesrs are using their playoff experience now. Only Ron has experienced the 2nd round on our team aside from Brent Barry who doesn't play.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Haha, I second that. :D

4. dakaptan

dakaptan Member

he is definitely outplaying scola. scola has been pretty invisible this series, no defensive rebounds, no defense, no offense. its not really his fault, he is just pretty much the least athletic player on the court besides yao, and cant jump for ****. we need to play landry a lot more since he is actually helping the rockets when he is on the court. odom is just a much better player than scola. its no surprise he is getting paid so much more.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

artest has been our best player in this series.

6. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

The credit you give Yao is so laughable. If you don't think Yao has been the best player this series, now you are truly just being delusional. Yao was the only reason why the game was even close last night. I'm not taking anything away from Artest, but he has not been better than Yao in this series. This is just another way to say we need tracy isn't it?

7. ItsMyFault

Yao Ming lover.... :rolleyes:

Ron Artest has clearly been the best player 2/3 games. That's most of the series right there...

8. t_mac1

god, how old are you? artest has been the more consistent player overall in this series. but yes, yao was our best player last night.

i just responded to your post where you didn't mention artest as one of the "mentally tough" guys, which is ridiculous.

PS - tracy doesn't have to be in every conversation. HE'S DONE. get over yourself.

9. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Artest is physically tough, but mentally? You have to be kidding me. Have you even been watching the Rockets game this season? He has been jacking up 3's every single time he gets mad or every single time he wants to. He's not mentally soft, but he's not mentally tough. He's very physically tough, but not mentally.

Yao has been the best player in Games 1 and 3. Artest has been the best player in Game 2. 2>1.

10. Super Von

Super Von Member

Odom cant guard Scola???

Man what have you been watching? How many times has Scola been blocked near the rim? He cant get his jumper off because Odom/Ariza are too athletic and will block it. And on the other end he cant guard anyone.

Scola is getting dominated.

11. ItsMyFault

Fail.... We won game 1 because of Ron Artest, therefore, he was the best player in game 1, stats were also great. Game 2.. he was having a great game, he would have hit 30+ IMO if he hadn't gotten ejected, still a WAY better game than Yao. Game 3, he was off, but so was Yao. I'll give Yao game 3 because Yao got the stats that he got even with the ankle. There is no question Ron Artest has been the best player in this series for us thus far. Any Rockets fan knows this..... don't be a Yao Ming homer.

12. t_mac1

who was the best player in our close out game v. portland?
    who was the guy who made the 3pt play and help us regain the lead when the lakers took the lead?
    who had the nerve to go up to kobe bryant and tell him, "u don't not f***king mess with me?"

i've been EXTREMELY critical of artest. but since game 6, he's been everything i imagined him to be when we got him. AND MORE. had he been playing like this v. portland, we sweep them.

13. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Really? Artest was the best player in game 1? He may be overlooked, but I'm guessing you didn't even bother to see Yao Ming. 28/10, and he still doesn't get credit. I'm not being a Yao Ming homer, it's called being a realist and he came back from an injury or does that not count? Because I'm sure if McGrady ever came back from an injury in the middle of the game, he would automatically be the best player in a game. Double standard all day.

14. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

You said this Lakers series, and 2 of the 3 things I bolded, you are talking about what he did in the Blazers series.

really. saying you don't mess with me makes him the best player in a series? I've been proud with his plays from Game 6 to Game 2. Now he's been melting down.

15. ApuN

ApuN Member

Ming was a total no show for game 2 and a no show for the second half of game three. Artest by far has been the most consistant player in this series.

I am seeing Yao getting punked and out rebounded by that soft flea bag looking Gasol much too much in this series.

You need to take a look at 4th quarter stats before you "crown" Ming team MVP.

BTW - Its not a coincidence that ever since Yao's been in the league that he only gets out of the first round when Artest shows up - not a coincidence.

16. ItsMyFault

I did see Yao Ming... I was looking at the box score as I was responding to you. Yeah Yao Ming got 28/10.. he wasn't the reason why we won the game and that's Yao's normal numbers IMO. What injury? And why are you always bashing on Tracy McGrady? Sheesh... :rolleyes:

I know a Yao Ming fan when I see one.

17. t_mac1

nope game 1 v. lakers. we lost the lead. artest made a huge jumper at the top of the key and got fouled for an and-1 and we regained the lead. we never relinquished it again. that play stopped their run.

yao and artest have played well this series. i just wanted to point out that artest has been great this series and you are not giving him credit. hell, if anything, he's our most mentally tough player.

18. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Yes, one plays make all the difference. You aren't giving Yao enough credit and from the posts I've saw you haven't given him any from day 1.

You can argue Artest has been better than Yao, I just wouldn't. Plain and simple and I'm pointing that out because you are just trying to prove something with Tracy. I'm just making a general base on all of your posts.

19. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Lakers have too much talent, most of that talent coming from Kobe...we have a chance but it's gonna come from pure will...it's the only way, we have to be scrappy and out hussle them every game which is tough because they are so long and can get rebounds....very tough match up...

20. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

If the Rockets are mentally weak now, what will they be after they win tomorrow?