1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are 1-0 when Calvindel is injured,,,and other elvin dribble

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Jan 4, 2002.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The Rockets are 1-0 when Calvin Murphy is injured and I have a hangover from watching a single play over and over until 3a.m., while thinking about rewriting my servlets in elvin.Java

I recommend everyone watching subtleties of that last play in slow motion! You can see the "red" and the "blue" and some "stars," too. If you peer long enough, you can see your hearts desire. But beware, you may also see the Dark Side where the Shadows lie.

Of course, there is nothing like living it live. Remembering the glory of Steve Franchises first go-to move buzzer beater. It was all a misty fog. I thought it was Moochie at first.

I was so furious with him for pounding away all the clock. Pass the damn ball, the time is running down you idiot! I mean, why did he back up his dribble all the way to the freaking lane on the other end of the court before starting his move. I've seen Moochie pound the ball and back up, but never across the half court line. Everything was going in slow motion. I cringed and yelled when he almost lost the ball like Cat Bombadil putting on his Kapaya Ring one too many times. I was thinkin, Damn he sucks; C\can we trade him for Tsing Tao? Then, I couldn't help yelping at Rudy for still having Willis in the game and Cato still in the stadium. Trade Cato dammit! 6 seconds left and still time on the clock to yell, "CD sucks!" "Rudy sucks." and "Cato Sucks." Just not enough time to run a realGM query on the possibility of trading Mobley, Kenny, Walt, Langhi, Cato and Collier for Tsing Tao and Kobe. Then my mind drifted to the rookie. Griffen. How could I forget him? Goddammit...how could R.u.d.y. forget him. Why aren't we running a Caveman play to the low post thunderkid? **** Where is the ball movement? Where the hell is Chucky Brown and Calvin Murphy when you need them? hmmm, aren't we 1-0 when Calvin misses a game. Calvin SUCKS!! This is proof. But I digress, yet not without thinking that we should never have traded Dream. ooohoooh. just f.u.r.i.o.u.s that makes me! There are no true Rockets fans anymore without Dream! Why are these Summit trolls even chanting to our new elvin Lord Stevefindel.

<blockquote>
    <i>Three Rings for the Bird-kings so white and pure
    Four for the Magic-lords in their land of Lala
    Two for the halflings despite crafting LameBeer
    Two Rings for a Dream so Tomjanglevil could rule forever
    Six for the Immortal Man doomed to have no humor
    One for the Admiral casting forlorn eyes on Legendlore
    Five (three yet unforged) for the Big Bumbledim ruling Nappiewraiths and 100 karat waifs
    One Ring for the Dark Lord on his Dreamless Throne
    in the land where Dark Riders lie on Fickle Bandwaggins
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them
    One Ring to bring them all and in the dreamless darkness bind them
    In the Land of Boredom where Shadows type</i></blockquote>

Huh?

What?

Back to the game. He's still dribbling. <i>doom dam doom dam</i> Get the ball out of Moochie's hands. oops, What? I forgot that is Stevefindel not Moochie the Balhog...<i>boom bam boom bam b o o m</i>. Then why the hell is Mobley waving for the ball. Clear out Mobley, Shandon the Inpassive needs a pass to operate!

then I burped.

Damn $5 plastic beer bottles suck especially since they tie them to your wrist now so you don't throw them at Cato like a Dawgpound fan would.

I burped again.

Then Francis recovered from almost slipping on his Enchanted Mithril Ass that has us all gasping with dreamless cheer for a losing team...and then,

s.c.h.w.e.e.t. Score!!! From my view in upper deck Central time, that was IN the moment it left his hands.

surely a Kapaya moment for us all. Lord Stevefindel the Ring Bearer!

If that shot doesn't become a NBA.com Top 10 buzzer beater, then Houston gets no respect! Simple as that.

2. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

You said it best.

3. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

crispee-

I think you meant to post that as LHutz.

4. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

it's time to step away from the computer and put down the Role Playing Games dice when you start to post elvin dribble.

sometimes I wish LOTR would've stayed in book form.

rH

5. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

That was easily the oddest post I have ever seen on this BBS, bar none.

Crispee, I knew you were one crazy freak, but you've outdone yourself this time.

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

My head hurts!

Make it stop, please!

I think that the theory of relativity would have been easier to understand than that post.

7. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

For diehards, this is the best post in a long time.

8. Dm324

Dm324 Member

are you implying that you odn't want Calvin around

9. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I got it. Why is everyone freaking?

It's quite simple. Take one or two lines from every "This player sucks, Could we trade, EG must start, Francis over Mobley, LOTR rules" thread on the board and mix them together within the flash mind of HeyPartner, add a little beer and voile'...instant karma!

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Too much, head hurts...ahhh!!!

Was this a bash on Calvin thread? couldnt tell.
    Go CM!:p

11. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

LOL! What's sad is that Behad is right!

I knew what crispee was saying all the time....;)

12. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Now, if he could have mixed in a couple of lines from that Calcineurin/Kinesin thread at the hangout, then it would have been in the "greatest post of all time" category...

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

discounting all your posts, for sure.

Behad, ones of these days Smeggy will visit, we'll drink beer all day, make a brisket, go to a game, and really rip out some memorable posts. I have 5 computers (2 laptaps) and LAN connections in the wall in 3 rooms. It's a geeky party waiting to happen. Of course, we have to get the OK from DrOfDunk to do a clique function, first.

14. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

For diehards, this is his best post in a long time.

15. Heath

Heath Member

I whole-heartedly agree.

Huh?

Me a die-hard - oh never mind.

16. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Sounds like a plan!!!

Nice post you drunk bigmouthed dorky Gitface

17. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Dude, I am soooo there.

As long as Smeg leaves the koala at home. That thing smells funny.

18. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

lol.

funny post, crispee.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I love LOTR references...

GO HP !!

DD