1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

rockets and all star events

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MiniMing, Aug 5, 2002.

1. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

thanks rc cola;) oh and bigtymer, ming is from shanghai. his team was the shanghai sharks. :D

#21 MiniMing, Aug 6, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2002
  2. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

No problem. I didn't know any of this about a month ago. But everyone around here is real nice to new guys and politley informs people how do to certain things. I figured I should do the same.

3. Big_Tymer

Big_Tymer Member

sooo MINIMING bejing went wit Yao Ming

4. kailuakid

kailuakid Member

on the subject of all star games. When is it our turn to host a freakin NBA all star game?

5. RC Cola

I remember hearing about Houston trying to get some all-star game, but I think Stern was against it. I forgot why. Does anybody remember this? Although we should get one eventually with the new stadium and with the media buzzing around Ming.

6. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

i know this is out of the subject and maybe some of you may know this is that houston is hosting " i think" the 2004 or 5 nfl superbowl. i think thats pretty cool

7. Big_Tymer

Big_Tymer Member

Houston is also hostin the 2004 Baseball All Star game

8. RC Cola

Yeah, I think they host the baseball all-star game also the same year. They are also in the running for the Olympics. But this has gotten a bit off-topic.

So.... how many of you think Mobley could make the team. If he improves to say 25 ppg, he could probably make it easily. He won't start because of Kobe, but if Wally and Finley could make it, he could too.

9. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

but you never know, it is possible for kobe to be injured and some other all stars

10. Drex22

Drex22 Contributing Member

As of 4 years ago, China had a population of 1.3 Billion. Compare that to 274 million in the United States. Their population is over 4 times larger than ours. One thing we might note is that many of China's people may not have internet access, but even if 1 percent voted thats 13 million votes! (Side note India was at 980 million as of 4 years ago, I would assume they are approaching 1 billion by now).

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Houston is Hosting Super Bowl XXXVIII (38) in 2004, and Baseball's all star game in 2004.

Does anybody remember the last time this has happen to a city?

12. Stylez

Stylez Member

Francis will start in the all-star game. A lot of people said that if the Rocks had had a winning record last yr. Mobley would have made it over Wally so I think Mobes will be selected as a reserve.

Like BigM said, EG will be on the sophmore team and Ming is a lock for the rookie team. Nachbar should make it as well as long as he puts up decent #'s 7-8ppg.

Mobley has a outside shot at the 3pt. competition if his stoke continues to improve and some Rock will be involved in that 2ball or 3 on 3 game.

If everything goes well, look for the Rockets to be a major presence at the 2003 All-Star game.

13. super_mario

super_mario Member

Wang was not voted in last year. Maybe the 13 million people voted for Shaq.;)

14. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

no i think they voted for jason collier:D ;)