1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

rockets and all star events

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MiniMing, Aug 5, 2002.

1. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

do you think yao ming will serve in any of the all star events? or any of the rockets rookie? or any of the rockets? i think stevie should go for it again at the slam dunk contest and yao ming haha

2. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Dont be surprised if the Rox starting 5 are voted the TOP 5 players for the West!! We now have China on our side, their votes should swing it our way!

3. The Sensei

The Sensei Contributing Member

China is the second most populated country in the world.

If they had easy access to vote for the all-star team, isn't it very possible for 3-4 Rockets to be selected into the all-star team?

Furthermore, I know Stern and co. will not allow this to happen (in an effort to promote other non-rockets NBA players).

I can see something like the 3/5 clause happening all over again...

4. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

i could see yao and steve getting the votes, but i doubt the whole team.

5. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

"From the Houston Rockets, making his first all star appearance...Kelvin Cato!"

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

yao wont be voted over shaq. steve will be a starter again. howerver this time it will be very close. mike bibby made a lot of fans in last seasons playoffs.

7. UTrocket

UTrocket Member

Isn't China the most populous country in the world? Numero uno. I believe India is second.

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

You are correct

9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Wow! All 5 starters are going to be the top 5 players in the West, that's pretty good.

10. Sane

Sane Member

The starters are voted in by fans, so it's unlikely that Kobe, Garnett, Webber, and Shaq won't finish ahead of Ming.

Francis will be the starter again. He'll have last year's votes, plus China's extra votes. Plus more TV exposure from Ming, and the #1 pick and stuff. Then there will be slighter better European support.

Oh, and we'll be in the playoffs.

I think Francis is actually a lock to start.

Francis
    Kobe
    Garnett
    Duncan
    Shaq

That will be the West starters.

One question. Let's say Shaq's toe gets really painful, and he decides not to play. Does the next vote-getter at C in the West enter the starting line-up, or do the coaches add someone?

11. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Smoothie:- Just you wait and see! Shaq will have to get everyone in America to vote to get more votes than any of our starting 5.

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

steve will most likely start the big game again. i expect us to be good so either way he'll be there. ming and eddie are probably locks for the rookie/sophomore game. i could see nachbar making it as well if rice isn't up to playing the big minutes. cat will probably be involved in some sort of hoop-it- up or 2-ball gimmick, maybe the 3-point competition. i don't think steve will want to do the slam dunk again unless they lose the wheel.

13. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

oh thanks bigm for reminding me about eddie griffin. i think he should have been last years rookie of the year. he so good and he has the more blocks than all those rookies and he very athletic.i cant believe he didnt even play at the game.

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Who is the first???

And you stole my name.:mad: ;)

15. Big_Tymer

Big_Tymer Member

yo i think Yao will make it to da All Star game.

16. Big_Tymer

Big_Tymer Member

Yo i think fo the dunk competiton Vince should try n jump over Yao

17. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

yeah vince would definitly win the slam dunk contest if he jumped over yao. but it would look more better if it was stevie franchise.:D

18. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

jumping over yao:D

19. Big_Tymer

Big_Tymer Member

Ya but steve cant do it. Vince is da only one wit tru ups. He tha best dunker ever cept Jordan. Jordan beats every1 even dr j. But if steve did it i would give him props.
    But he would probally have to use a trampoline/ to get over yao ming/Yao is da man who just came from bejing/N Yao goin be claimed number1 center in da NBA/He goin show shaq how to play/ n Yao is tall/n he can really ball/he wont have to crawl/cuz he never goin fall/

20. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I've noticed you and the other guy have been double posting a bit. You can edit your post by selecting the 3rd icon that has the pencil over a paper. That way you don't have to have 3 posts correcting your 1st.