1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets among teams that Josh Smith finds appealling

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 16, 2013.

1. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I don't like his game, but he does fit with the Rockets' fast-paced running game.

I think the #1 priority is to have a low-post offensive present at 4, who can also defend & rebound, not superstar, but decent enough to keep defense honest. Smith takes too many other side shots, demands too much for his level of service.

2. Peaceful Elbow

There are not many good PFs available so why not take a chance at him? He would definitely make our defense better and give our offense more ways to score other than driving to the basket and shooting 3s.

3. ddavilajr1

ddavilajr1 New Member

with everyone agreeing that a "stretch 4" would be ideal. what is your opinion on bargs? i know he has been a huge let down as a former 1st pick of the draft, however, the dude is a good shooter, rebounds pretty well, and can run the floor pretty well. just throwing it out there...imo hes better than ryan anderson

4. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Josh Smith fit perfect because of DEFENSE we need more 2 way players and name another PF available with good defense??

5. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Doesn't josh smith have attitude problems? If not, then this is a good fit for him. They key is to have everyone play unselfish and lots of ball movement. I dont see Mchale and Co. figuring things out when games are close though. Give the ball to Harden every time? Draw up plays for Smith?

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

We don't need a "stretch" 4. We need a POWER 4, we need a low post and inside game. We rely too much on 3s and having a "stretch" 4 isn't going to change that. We need a way to win games besides jacking up 3s.

7. ddavilajr1

ddavilajr1 New Member

so are you saying jsmoothe is a power 4???

8. Witchdoc

Witchdoc Member

A big fat NO to bargs. He is the Least Valuable Player in the league, according to win shares, with an incredible -0.123 wins per 48 mins.

See

http://wagesofwins.com/2012/12/20/t...t-valuable-players-and-the-sunk-cost-fallacy/

9. nadman89

nadman89 Member

what would the hawks logically want from us?

im pretty sure the hawks wont bite on ppatt terrence jones toney douglas cole aldrich and a couple of picks they are definietly gona want parsons maybe greg smith too

10. nadman89

nadman89 Member

you can say millsap , big baby

11. nadman89

nadman89 Member

am i the only one who sees glen davis as a great fit for the rockets? post game can stretch the floor get rebounds works hard and half the price of smith i definitely would rather have jsmoove but i would mind big baby u guys think im crazy?

12. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Josh smith's defense and ability to run the floor would fit well with the rockets. But his shot selection is iffy but if we run and gun his shots would be better. With the hawks because horford sits in the paint it leaves him vulnerable to bad shot attempts. I think his style of play he could be a big difference maker. But again I don't see ATl wanting just Patterson, Morris and picks. They would want parsons and money won't bite. I'd rather shoot for millsap because the other fa pfs aren't gonna help and any other pf we can get will be significantly older which would hurt the team. We need someone getting better not worse and most importantly someone who isn't injury prone.

13. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Did you see the way Beverley played today with barely any minutes? Imagine him with more PT. This guy has potential to be something special.

If you don't see it, I terribly feel sorry for you man! :(

Mr. D

14. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

We could get a lot of value out of Ryan Anderson.

15. just a word

just a word Member

Get Josh Smith and if he doesn't pan out in a year or so, use him in a trade for Kevin Love? :grin:

16. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

josh smith would work out nicely if we can incorporate him into a role he needs to stay within on offense

on defense we need him to be a 1 on 1 lockdown defender and a weakside helper when needed

17. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I think that block by Lin drew some attention......:grin:

18. jocar

jocar Member

So, signing on a 2nd tier player would be throwing it away?

19. catch22

catch22 Member

the line up of smith, asik, harden, lin and parsons will go deeeeeeeeeeep in the playoffs

20. jocar

jocar Member

[​IMG]
    guilty!