1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

rockets all time low this year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by legacygt777, May 29, 2012.

1. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

i've been a rockets fan since way back when. i rarely missed games. even back in the day i taped all the games and went to at least a dozen games a year.

i was trapped on richmond during the championship days, went to the allstar game, even parked rudy t chevy truck, vernon's typhoon, and met dream in his custom porche when i was a valet parker back in my college days. used to see horry, cassell, and ellie of that club in back of academy near westheimer. i was a huge fan...still am just not as much.

supposedly this has been the worst year in a long time for attendance and viewing games on tv. i'll admit, i've watched about 50% of the games this year and went to 1 home game. very low considering what i've supported in the past. am i the only one losing faith with these rockets? seriously, this team depresses me especially watching old footage (yeah that eddie johnson shot was unbelievable back when i saw that at hooters in the sw area).

i'm still a big fan and i kick ass on nba jam 2012 on android using kevin martin (even the announcers say "kenyon" not kevin) and courtney lee, waiting to unlock dream and smith. someone say something positive about next year. i miss a superstar on our team.

1 person likes this.
  2. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

I don't have much to say, but I will say this. I was not aware of an "NBA Jam" app on Android. For this, I give you internet peen points. :)

3. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

yeah beat the classic game mode and southwest div and get dream and smith.

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

This... !!!!

On the bright side we have 'cap flexibility' and 'assests'..

5. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

i'll take it. howard?

6. BigMaloe

Awww.... sucks its not free...

7. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

It's exactly why nerds like Morey need to stay behind the scenes playing WoW and gathering items in forests with no real impact on final decisions. This is a game played by men and run by men with basketball instinct. It's perfectly fine to root for Kobe, the Thunder or someone interesting as long as Morey is running the team and ease the disgust he causes those accustomed to excellence. That's perfectly legitimate for a real fan, as opposed to the fake fans who sit through this rubbish just so they have something to do.

8. BigMaloe

Yea i sont see a star here next year unless dragic or lowry play out thier mind... i see potential in 2013 if we keep cap space open tho...

9. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

true dat man....seriously.

10. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

yeah but it's better than paying 39.99 on a ps3. think it was 4.99

11. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

gosh i dunno if i can wait.

12. BigMaloe

Its depressing as of now but truth is theres not much out there in terms of star players at thw moment...

Gasol is about as close at were gettin to a star if we pick him up...free agency isnt providing much this year... bur 2013 is stacked with potential...

Which is why i dont see much roster turnover this year... i see morey keepin marting expiring... pick up dalemberts option which is expiring... sign camby to a 1yr with a team option so its expiring...bud expires... and theres a few options we could decline... leaves alot of salary cap space to throw max contracts at players such as bynum or harden... just my thoughts and thats what keeps me excited...

13. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

the post Olajuwon years featuring Jason Collier(rip) as our center were pretty dismal and depressing.

14. BigMaloe

"Its always darkest right before dawn."

Just have to stay optimistic...

15. Big Time Titan

I was with Morey after he pulled off the TMac trade but it turns out it had more to do with NY being stupid rather than Morey being a genius.

I think it's downright f***ing pathetic when you look at players as assets and do analytical breakdowns thinking you're gonna put together a winning team. You can only blame Les so much. Morey's hands aren't tied, he's just not getting the job done.

Blow this b!+ch up!