1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets agree to let Royce White be bussed to some games, pending league approval

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Oct 4, 2012.

1. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

No one has to approve of him driving there himself. I think the arrangements the league is working out is what they can provide Royce with transportation.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I actually mentioned earlier he could drive up to games on his own, but someone said it was against league rules.....

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm still upset about him not playing tonight. This is absolutely ridiculous. There is no excuse from either side why he should not be playing. Miss me with that conditioning garbage excuse! :mad:

4. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

honestly..he's being put in his place. Not sure if its the right thing to do but I can see where McHale is coming from.

Hopefully they work it out and get things going. In the mean time, its good for the other young guys to get some reps. Sounds like lamb might be out too

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't think it's a huge deal. We still have 18 players and a number of them didn't get any burn last game. We have to cut 3 guys, and No Flight White won't be one of them. So, play the other guys. White will get a chance later.

2 people like this.
  6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

:grin:

7. tefunk

tefunk Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/10/royce-white-out-tonight-working-though-sticky-situation-to-get-on-the-bus/

Royce White will sit out the Rockets second preseason game tonight because Rockets coach Kevin McHale indicated he did not yet consider White up to speed after missing training camp.

White also said his acquisition of a bus to get him to many road games has also hit some snags.

White, who added he is over “some back ailments” he had last month, said he was certain he won’t have any issues with the Rockets next road game, Monday in Dallas, but said working with the NBA on his travel plan has been difficult.

“It’s a little bit of a sticky situation because it’s a new thing for the league,” White said. “They’re going through the process of trying to figure it out. It’s a very vague concept right now. Nobody has any clarity on how to go about it. That process may get a little stickier in the near future.

“Monday, I’ll make it regardless. We’ll figure it out. It’s between my agents and the organization and the league.”

White did not elaborate on the NBA’s role in his plan. Last week he had said that the effort to put his travel plan into writing could be difficult because it would need NBA approval if considered a unique player contract, leading him to move forward with an understanding that he would travel when possible by bus.

Rockets officials would not comment on any issues with White traveling by bus.

White’s agent Andrew Vye said he and White are working to “implement the details” of his travel schedule. White will often travel by bus on certain legs of multi-game road trips that may begin with a team flight from Houston.

White remained in Houston when the Rockets played in Hidalgo on Wednesday to work on his conditioning. After joining the Rockets for practice and individual workouts on Monday, White said his fitness has improved.

“I’m feeling better,” White said. “I’m running better. I’m cutting better. I actually had some back ailments before I missed training camp. That’s always a never-ending problem, kind of an irritant. I suffer a little bit from low back strain, tightness. I’ve been dealing with it since last year so it’s nothing extreme.”

White said the back strain is not a concern. While eager to start playing, he was also willing to be patient.

“It’s up to them to decide when I’m caught up and when I’m not,” White said. “I think every day that I’m here and I’m back is beneficial.

“I trust that when they think I’m ready to go is when I’ll be ready to go.”

Rookie guard Jeremy Lamb, who has a sore left foot, also might sit out tonight. Forward Marcus Morris is out with a strained left ankle.

8. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

someone just needs to slip him a mickie and throw his ass on the plane.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

No Flight White? "You must spread some reputation around before Giving it to JuanValdez again"

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I've suggested this before but here I go again. The Rockets need to work their advertising around White's fear of flying A Team style. Lin = Hannibal, Asik = Murdock, Parsons = Faceman. The commercials could be epic.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Why does Asik have to be the crazy one. Murdock is clearly Les Alexander.

12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

On those trips where No Flight White takes his bus, they could offer that seat in the plane to a fan. THAT would be pretty cool :cool:

13. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

yeah! all them duds busting their butts in training camp need to be taught a lesson!!

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Link

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Ya think?
    [​IMG]

:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  16. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

I'm high on White.

1 person likes this.
  17. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Not just that

18. jocar

jocar Member

Wtf, damn i thought this was new news.
    bumperiffic.

19. Subliminal Shot

Subliminal Shot Contributing Member

Now all I'm going to think about when he shoots is "Royce let's one fly". Gonna be hard to get that one out of my head.