1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets aggressively pursuing Chris Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 24, 2017.

1. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Perhaps you just want to have a mediocre team that goes no where year after year. But for a team finished #3 in the league last year, the goal has to be trying to beat the top team. And getting a few above average players simply won't cut it. Who you target depend on your goal.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

excellent post

dudes would rather see us go after Gallinari and get a "yes" than go after CP3 and get a "no"

sammy and Pen15clubber like this.
  3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I think as a union president, he had the players interest at best more so than just his own.

Sure it looks tailor made for him, but also LeBron. And he is negotiation, giving and taking. He was able to take this and really give the extreme superstars that added incentive considering they are capped out at the max.

I originally thought no way he leaves because of the new under 38 rule, but as the head of the union, that's absolutely what his job is. I am of belief that whether it was Chris Paul or a scrub like Anthony tolliver as the union leader, this would be a great thing for the players in general.

Nook, DonKnock, Vivi and 1 other person like this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lol we are very far away from even winning 1 playoff game against the top team. your #3 team just got squashed by 40 at home in elimination to a team missing their 1st and 3rd options. we should not have delusions that these guys are contending anytime soon and with our limited assets and capspace, that is not going to change.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=19752880

MacMahon: I don't know the Clippers go all 5 years. It's not a sure thing by any stretch of the imagination. ... San Antonio is interesting. Houston, you just put Harden at the one. He does have to have the ball. I don't how that fits from a basketball standpoint. CP3 in D'Antoni's system? Absolutey. Harden not having the ball 90% of the time? I don't get.

Windhorst: Two way thing; not just a Chris Paul decision but Clippers decision. Same thing for Blake. Will they offer the full 5 years?

Gordon Hayward?

MacMahon: Boston is fascinating. Utah's selling point is we're a 50+ win team & the offense is built around you. Boston is the opposite: look at this talent you can play with. If they pull off this Hayward-George thing, IT is still there .... So Hayward is going to Boston to be the #3 guy?

Windhorst: 5/$172M in Utah. 4/$130M elsewhere. However, I think he's looking for a 3-year deal. He'd then have 10 years experience & re-enter FA to get his maximum payday. 4 with an opt out after 3 would be most beneficial. Doesn't mean he wouldn't take 5 but that eliminates Utah's 5 year advantage. 3/$96M with Utah & 3/$93.5M with anyone else. The monetary difference isn't that big. It won't be a money decision.

Haberstroh: I think CP3 lands in San Antonio
    MacMahon: I think CP3 is somewhere else so San Antonio is as good a place as any.

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Because the NBA is the WWF and awards championships based on what it's fans think.

7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

My friend is a 5 and landed a 9. He just walked up to her and she thought he was funny. Sometimes punching above your weight works out in your favor.

kwakmeister likes this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lets assume Hayward/George go to Boston, CP3 to Spurs.... Leaves us with Blake doesn't it?

Not a bad fall back...

9. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Tell us how you really feel! :D:eek::p:mad::D

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Unless he picks Miami lol

11. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ok but morey isn't funny, he's a dork......the strikeout king got shut down by kent freakin bazemore and then had to overpay for a ryno nobody else wanted.......forget the 9's, he needs to work his way up to 4's first :D

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He could... but thats not a winning situation, plus Heat don't have bird rights to Waiters or James Johnson... if they signed Griffin they would loose both, leaving Griffin with an even worst supporting cast.

The only other serious threat is Blake wanting to go home to OKC is a S&T for Oladipo or something.

14. dmoneybangbang

Can the Spurs add 2 top 20 players to Kwahi? Maybe that's why Morey has confidence.

15. rockets13champs

Prob Blake and Gay and add maybe Ilyasova to replace Ryno.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Both Gay and Sova with get contracts starting between 10-15 mill per, each. Griffin's contract will start at 30 million. Could only afford Griffin unless we wanted to trade off Gordon/Ariza/Bev/Lou just to sign Gay and Sova.

17. rockets13champs

No way Gay yes, but Ilyasova gonna be worth mid level

18. James Hardashian

James Hardashian Contributing Member

The more I think about it the more I like it. A floor general in Paul and lights out 2 guard in James. Both are elite and in a d'antoni offense could be something special.

Fulgore likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Rockets won't have MLE.

20. dream2franchise