1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets acquire Thomas Robinson; Morris traded to Phoenix; Patterson, Douglas, Aldrich to Kings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 20, 2013.

?

Do you like the Thomas Robinson-Patrick Patterson trade?

1. Yes

91.5%
  2. No

8.5%
  1. carayip

carayip Member

Blah blah blah. How do you know that Jones and D Mo have more upside when they were mid 1st picks and Robinson was a top 5 pick? You must know more than nba scouts?!

2. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

So are we keeping this guy or no?

3. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I'd say around 100 percent we keep him Morey was super high on Robinson during the draft

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah, seems like a silly statement. Jones and D-Mo are no more proven than Robinson, most of their minutes have been coming in the D-League. I'll bet Robinson would tear up the D-league as well. And in fact Jones has been good, but not great, down with the Vipers.

5. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Hope Thomas Robinson stays hungry and want to play and improve... He seems a bit immature but he is only 21 years old, hopefully with the right influence the rockets with get the best out of him. Rockets lose some offense without their stretch-4s but in with some toughness and power

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Nah bro, this kid was born hungry. One thing you will never have to worry about with Robinson is heart, effort and coachability. This kid's motor never stops and he wants to be great. Lunch pail mentality. This kid will bring it every day.

7. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Accdg to Feigen:

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen

Keeping him. Another possible but nothing close yet. (Again.) MT @stanfordkp: So we gonna keep him? rumors floating another deal is coming.

I'm assuming him = Robinson because he's the only person we got that has real value any way.

8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

How anyone wouldn't like this trade is beyond me. Robinson has the chance to be a really solid player and it frees up minutes for DMo

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I think there is some confirmation bias at work here in the reaction to the trade:

SAC trades Robinson for Patterson after 51 games played for them: Haha, they are idiots for either drafting stupidly or giving up too soon on a prospect.

HOU trades Morris for 2nd round pick after 71 games played: No ridicule.

10. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

can we go get brandon jennings not really confident in Beverley

11. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Brandon is a chucker who believes he deserves a mac contract. lol @ him

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I ridiculed the Morris part.

13. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Patterson and Morris were expendable because they can be replaced by D-Mo, TJones, and now Robinson. PPat and Morris were capable of having good games, but they were nothing special. I think Morey saw enough of D-Mo and TJones in the D-League to feel comfortable trading away PPat and Morris. Also, we now have a player in Robinson that could have a big upside. It's a pretty good bet that the Rockets will get at least one good player out of D-Mo, TJones, or Robinson.

As many people pointed out here at Clutchfans, playing Morris and PPat to increase trade value has probably been the plan all along. Clutchfans just need to be patient and let Morey and McHale do their jobs, as it appears both are doing a fantastic job.

14. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

hmmm nice observation thnx!

15. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

According to Robinson's twitter, he's already a member of #TEAMFOE. He should fit right in with Harden and Greg Smith, since they just lost their other #TEAMFOE buddy Mook.

16. anson-ke

anson-ke Member

The most wonderful thing is we don't need to see Cole Aldrich again... he is the minus factor

17. Outlier

Outlier Member

Watched some highlights. He has a nice soft touch around the rim, good fundamentals there. Kind of like D-Wade at times. Looks like a taller MKGilchrist in terms of his body. I think the Rockets will make him shoot 3's. But kid dunks it every chance he gets, so I don't think anyone will complain anymore about missed layups.

18. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I'm glad to eat crow this time.

19. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Why in the world would the Rockets get Jennings when they have Lin? Jennings is not a backup, he's a starter.

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

They might need to find another PG, but not Jennings, if they somehow get Smith & DH.