1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets acquire Thomas Robinson; Morris traded to Phoenix; Patterson, Douglas, Aldrich to Kings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 20, 2013.

?

Do you like the Thomas Robinson-Patrick Patterson trade?

1. Yes

91.5%
  2. No

8.5%
  1. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Still feel we could have got more from Suns.

And UNLEASHED THE DMO!

2. nono

nono Member

How good of a defender is Thomas Robinson. How many rebounds can he average if he starts ? He has to be a great defender and rebounder to make up for Patterson's almost guaranteed offense. Patterson had a silky offensive game, even though he sucked defensively.

3. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Well, he's 26, was the leading scorer in the ACC coming out of college, and with 25+ minutes of playing time, he's always shown the ability to score in bunches (games of 24, 25, 27, 28, 30 points), except for a 2 month slump following shoulder surgery.

Fat chance we'll ever see Patrick Beverley drop 30 on Jalen Rose.

4. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

I just wanted to login in here just to tell you to STFU! You are such a dumb ass with this lame ass post... Please move along and Trust in Morey

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

to be fair, Lin always looks like he is on suicide watch.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

lol we don't need a guy like him drop 30 when we trade for a low post guy dropping 28 becauset those points come down low with more efficiency

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

They did trade away like half the team. Extremely close lockerroom. Only natural. I think TRob's attitude and Garcia's professionalism will mesh well once the shock wears off. At least we replaced good guys with good guys.

8. radd

radd Member

1 person likes this.
  9. OremLK

OremLK Member

I was talking about his age 22 and 23 seasons obviously :rolleyes: Don't play dumb.

This is his age 21 season.

10. pocketrocket81

Consdering that the trade deadline is fast approaching and I keep seeing post about the Rockets not being done dealing. I wonder which Rockets aren't sleeping as well as they could be tonight had this deal not happened?

11. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

I mean, fat chance we'll ever see Patrick Beverley drop 30 on Derrick Rose.

-- 11/14/2010

When healthy, Douglas also scored 24 points (10-13) against Chris Paul while holding Paul to 7 points (2-7).

-- 3/2/2011

Fat chance we'll ever see Patrick Beverley have games of, as Douglas did, 30 points, 29 points, 28 points, 24 points, 23 points, 22 points, 22 points, 20 points, 20 points in a single season.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3979/year/2011/toney-douglas

Really, if a coach wants to play a guy just 15 minutes, then all you can expect from any guard is about 8-10 ppg. Doesn't mean a guy won't score a lot more if he plays more minutes. Douglas has proven he can. Beverley hasn't and won't.

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

May just involve using our cap space to add a player and a pick. Potentially no subtraction this time.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ok. Answer this why is Douglas coming off the bench and not an allstar when he is dropping 25 on Paul and holding to 7 pts?

14. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Thomas Robinson hasn't proven he can do that in this league.

The lowly Kings need a PF and determined he wasn't the answer at all.

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

Actually I can see Beverley doing exactly that. Their games are VERY similar. Good lateral movement and man defense, problems with help defense. Can bury open threes at a high rate when hot. Bad passers, bad at running the offense, you don't ever want either of them trying to create.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

we traded for him because he had that potential to rebound...the game is not about scoring only

2) deadline is not over. Wait a while.

17. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Because he's a guard for a certain system. Not a traditional point guard system. When he's healthy and gets the minutes (25-30+), he's lights out, even against the best guards in the league.

18. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Great trade! I for one was ready to give DMo and TJ some playing time. That wasn't happening until we maxed value out of PPat and Morris. Getting Thomas Robinson (5th pick in 2012 draft) for PPat, Aldrich and TD was an absolute STEAL. Now we have three diverse, young PFs to develop (I don't count White just yet).

Hopefully we begin to work DMo and TJ into the line-up and give Robinson some time with the Vipers to learn the offense and work with White.

I like this trade on SO many levels. I can't believe we got the #5 pick for P,A,T combo! Wow, double WOW!!!

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Hmm...the Kings determined this...

Well they have a GREAT track record with decision making

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

because he can't get an offense going.... a PG is job is making the others better and score towards 20 and he is the last to attempt the shots