1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets acquire KJ McDaniels for Isaiah Canaan, second round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Feb 19, 2015.

?

Do you like the trade for the Rockets of Isaiah Canaan and a 2nd round pick for KJ McDaniels?

1. YES

333 vote(s)
    74.0%
  2. NO

117 vote(s)
    26.0%
  1. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I wish McDaniels could replace Beverley in the starting lineup. I don't want to mess with the Head-Band of Brothers.

2. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

Sorry to bring up an old post, but could anyone explain to me why did we give up 2 second-round picks to get pablo prigioni? These are the 2017 and 2019 second round picks.

Do you guys think that we will still be really competitive in 2019 such that the second round pick has little value even then? Even so, we did that for pablo prigioni? Not questioning Morey's judgement, just wondering if anyone knows that reasoning behind this

3. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

So fail. You didn't even bump the right thread.

4. craguin

craguin Member

Didn't Bima answer this on the previous page in this thread (see below)?

1 person likes this.
  5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Who gives a rat's ass about very late 2nd rounders. We can buy better ones anytime we want. We essentially spent a few million dollars(cost of those second rounders) for the WCF because we would have lost in the 2nd round without Prigs. Prigs was worth every penny.

I swear some people would rather play fantasy GM than root for the team that got to the WCF.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Uhh we traded two second rounders for Prigs because Cleveland offered a similar package to the Knicks. Two second rounders for Prigs worked out great for us. I don't think we make the WCF without him. We were weak at PG and after Dragic went hater on us, he was the best point guard for the value.

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yep, Prigioni was a nice steal- especially because few late second rounders pan out, if they even come over from overseas.

I'm guessing McDaniels was brought in with the idea of making another trade later on. That's the one part of this deal I didn't like- Canaan would have been much better than Terry in the playoffs.

8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Because since Morey tends to value second round picks more than most GMs he feels he will be able to just buy second round picks whenever there is a player he wants in the second round

9. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

Thanks for your help!

11. Chamillionaire

Damn, that's hilarious! Rolling them things up huh KJ? HAHA.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

I really hope we can keep him, KJ has all the indications of being a Wilson Chandler-type of player, it's just that he had like 0 PT. And he's only 22 years old LOL, I think the Rox will really luck out if we can keep him around.

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i hope we can keep him too. his ability to defend on the perimeter, but also block shots makes him a special defender. if he can get that 3pt shot down he would be a starter.

its hard to decide who i like better between ariza, brewer, and KJ. obviously ariza was the best and KJ the worst of the 3 this year, but KJ's potential is so intriguing...

14. huang53798584

huang53798584 New Member

Me too. Just imagine he and clint capela together in the 2nd unit

15. huang53798584

huang53798584 New Member

Me too. Great athletics, it's really exciting to watch him play. Hope he can stay and make into rotation next season.

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I like KJ as well. Tremendous athlete. Must keep.

17. huang53798584

huang53798584 New Member

I will be very, very sad if K.J. McDaniels leaves this summer.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Canaan got outplayed by Ish Smith

19. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

What kind of contract are we thinking Hinkie is going to offer him?

20. dmoneybangbang

He's very athletic as well. He just needs to be a 3 and D type of player. Hopefully this summer he can improve his handles and his corner 3 shot. He has all the physical tools to be a good defender and a good rebounder for his position. Defensively he needs to get the mental aspect side of the game.

I dream of the day when we are starting harden and mcdaniels at the guard spot.