1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 4th jersey is Chinese New Year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Dec 10, 2017.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

This has literally been the worst thing about this season to date - all the lame jerseys. I sooo want them to revisit the design, the color scheme a bit(if they just tweaked that red to a crimson for christ sakes)...but I would be happy with literally anything that doesn't assume that Asian fans will only buy jerseys with chinese flag colors in them.

2. WestendMassive

That doesn't make any sense tho? Red and yellow would have been more Chinese, not less...

[​IMG]

JayGoogle and D-rock like this.
  3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Absolutely. It can pander to the Asian community both without using Chinese lettering and without being so obvious about it...

malakas and tinman like this.
  4. PugLife

PugLife Member

This is what I read as well. Such a relief...unless we just get a different chinese design next year

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

As long as the Chinese uni is not the exact replica of the regular reds.

I'd get rid of the whites completely and replace with the grays with checker board sides. And definitely switch the regular reds for the retro red and gold unis.

Uni#1 - Red & Gold Retro
    Uni#2 - Gray with checker sides
    Uni #3 - Black with checker sides

City Uni - original clutch city design every year*

*use pajama color scheme one year (navy, red gray)