1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 22 game winning streak > Miami winning streak.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SK34, Mar 18, 2013.

1. jlowe362

jlowe362 Member

Tin Man

I was on yourside a while back

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rick Adelman coaching.

Cause it's his coaching > Spolestra coaching.

3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

You posted last year's Miami Heat payroll, not this years, therefore your facts are wrong.

You can take that salary difference to your savior, Vernon Maxwell. Lord knows he needs it to pay his child support.

4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Yeah, yeah, we get it, you don't like McGrady and don't ever want to give him any credit for anything ever. Fine.

But yes, the whole team was special. And just as much so in 09. *sigh* I have no doubt in my mind they would have won it all both of those years if they could have stayed even remotely close to healthy. :(

5. tinman

Supporting Member

You called our team nobodies.

As a I recall, we had 2 all stars, a former all star/defensive player of the year, a coach who's a legend,

battier
    scola
    landry
    novak

they are all still playing today

6. tinman

Supporting Member

well you weren't specific like McGrady saying he's back to his old self.

It's one highest paid player saying that well they got more highest paid players.

When he talked about the other stuff like Deke that was fine. But the shot against the other players making money is just jealousy. (my opinion).

He went Gin Blossoms on the Miami Heat , Hey Jealousy

you can take that to Stephen A Smith.

7. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I don't know why I laughed so hard at this.

8. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Agree with your general point. McGrady seems pretty envious.

1 person likes this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

you are right that team is special.

you are wrong cause health is important for all sports. you can't what if stuff like a championship if we never won a playoff series with that crew (We won with the crew with Artest though).

10. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

No, it's 1 former superstar acknowledging that the Rockets' streak was more impressive since it was 1 star and a bunch of role players stepping up and contributing, rather than a big 3 (featuring the best basketball player on the planet).

Well, your opinion sucks.

I don't even know what this means.

1 person likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

Yao or Shane Battier would never say "both they got more 100 million dollar players than us"

12. tinman

Supporting Member

That's what Rick Adelman said that year.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Yao did play in that streak. Tracy did too, both DID NOT PLAY ALL 22 GAMES.

14. Arthurprescott2

This is a "shayan" thread? Would have bet large sums of money that Tinman would start a thread like this.

15. Laborer

Laborer Member

Without even clicking on the link, I could tell it was written by Broussard. Who else qualifies text message responses as the basis of journalism? "Good-but-not-great Houston club?" He's the worst.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

My thread would be titled.

Rick Adelman > Eric Spolestra

17. tinman

Supporting Member

To be fair, he's right. The Heat are defending champions with a defending MVP. They are great, we're just good because he have a good record, but we didn't make any significant impact on the playoffs.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'd say our streak was a much more improbable, given the injuries and what-all, but 'harder' is irrelevant. If a ridiculously long winning streak demonstartes something, it's that the team is very strong and focused. That you have 3 $100m players on the team contributes to the strength of the team and reflected in the streak. Of course things are easier when you're stronger. Besides, looking back, these streaks will be considered simply by their length, and maybe a mathematical calculation of the strength of schedule, not which one was the underdog.

And besides that, if Boston can't end this streak, Miami will be chasing the Lakers' record and no one will even talk about the Rockets' streak anymore. It'll be a footnote.

But, insofar as the magic around the Rockets streak because of the circumstances that made it so improbable, I agree with McGrady. You kinda expect record-breaking from the Superfriends. The streak seems almost overdue from them. Speaking of... another season when they aren't threatening the Bulls' 72 win season? I am disappoint. I thought this was supposed to be some sort of superteam.

Go Celtics!

19. clayshake

clayshake Member

It must suck to be Eric Spolestra. You are NEVER going to be considered in the same league as Phil Jackson even if you win 6 championships with James.

20. jlowe362

jlowe362 Member

I simply called them nobodies because that were they were. I didnt mean they were no good. Of couse they were good. Im a die hard Rockets fan!

:grin: