1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 2024 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Here’s Bobby Marks’ offseason guide for the Rockets. Nothing too Earth shattering. He didn’t propose any trades. He did say he wouldn’t offer Green the max, but rather something in the ballpark of 5 years / 160. For Sengun, he mentioned how max offers for centers are “difficult” and said the last to get one was Bam. He didn’t however, state directly if the Rockets should offer Sengun the max.

Mr.Scary likes this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Booker would be the Sun to target if Phoenix blows it up. Durant would be an oft-injured rental at his age.

ApolloRLB and xaos like this.
  3. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It would probably take a sweep for them to blow it up, and I think it’s unlikely even then. But they should probably consider it. They will be over the luxury tax with six players under contract. There is virtually no way to improve the team. Does Jalen and the Brooklyn picks get it done for Booker?

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

oh, booker is better but he's less likely to be available. You could put younger guys around Booker and they'd still be decent.

saleem and theDude like this.
  5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

You’re probably right. It is predicated on either Booker wanting out or Phoenix deciding it’s time to re-build. I really don’t want Durant at the expense of our flexibility. If he can’t make it happen in Phoenix with Booker, I don’t think he makes it happen for us and the injury concern is real.

saleem likes this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This sounds like a bad idea.

If Durant made us contenders, then yeah let's do it, however we are far from contention. This team is likely much better next year, so I don't see the purpose of this kind of move.

xaos likes this.
  7. SamFisher

If you replace Jabari Smith Jr. with KEVIN FREAKING DURANT - even an old version of him - the Rockets are a 4-5 seed minimum.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

At this point, I'm invested in being a contender. Sure, KD gets us to the playoffs, that's great, but doesn't make us contenders. Granted, Smith is not going to be a superstar, but he is going to be a really great role player. Seems like from a long term perspective it would be best to keep him around.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

10. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ime loves playing Hide the Pickle(ball)

BigMaloe, daywalker02 and clos4life like this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

How many of them are UFA 's?

12. Rokman

Rokman Member

Are you looking to trade back to a future draft or trade down to a lower pick for future draft capital? Is there someone you are interested in?

13. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

And then when Rox are finally ready to contend, Durant is done. I just fail to see the point.

saleem and MadMax94$ like this.
  14. SamFisher

If you thought that incremental improvement was irrelevant and only "real contender" hood mattered - the Rockets wouldn't have bothered with Brooks, Vanvleet, Green, Landale last year and resigned Silas or some other cheap HC - stay the course!

Not going to contend this past season anyway, and you were right! They didn't!

Here's my wacky idea - having an all time great player on your team who is still all star level and better than anyone you have gives you a better shot at being a "real contender" rather than just waiting around and hoping you magically become one via luck.

The point is - tryna win more games!

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The Suns won 8 more games than the Rockets with Durant and Booker, who I'm sure you believe are far better than anyone on this team.

So apparently it doesn't translate much to wins. This team can improve by 8 wins with internal development easily.

16. SamFisher

Yes, I'm one of those weirdos who thinks that Kevin Durant and Devin Booker are better than Jalen Green.

Crazy.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Okay? Did I say otherwise?
    Are you traumatized by my advocacy for Green you don't read what I type anymore?

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Right on point about the weirdo point but you are just as weird as anyone around here........haha but your guy is Wemby.

Good to be a weirdo about Wemby because he is the next Face.....cannot go wrong about that one.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Chet seemed to be the New Version of Durant......maybe a whole new type of Durant that blocks shots.

20. SamFisher

Ok I'll play let's get interesting- name 10 NBA players who you think will have a better season than Wembanyama next year.

I'll even give you a few to start. Jokic. Doncic.

8 more to go.