1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 15-1 run to start the fourth against the Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 25, 2015.

1. photojoe

photojoe Member

It is pretty incredible to think about. This offseason, we lost Parsons, Lin and Asik. We traded for Terry, but that seemed at the time like it was for his expiring salary and the draft picks we got, not really for his play on the court.

We added Brewer, Josh Smith, Prigioni and McDaniels. D-Mo has stepped up his game tremendously. Jones had a long stretch when he was injured but when he has played he looks like he has also improved a ton.

Before the season started, our depth was a major weakness and flaw on this team. Through a combination of great moves by Morey and some plain old luck, it has become one of our bigger strengths. The guys on the second unit seem to play really well together and are so good at bringing energy when they come in. I was skeptical about 37 year old Prigioni, but even he seems like he could be a good fit with the scrappy, high-energy play of our second unit.

The media has basically dismissed us all season long. They said before the season started that we may not even make the playoffs. They have said that we are a good team but not a great team. They have said that great teams don't give up 115 points. How long will they ignore the fact that we are 3rd in one of the most competitive Western Conferences ever? How long will they be able to ignore the way that our chemistry has been coming together?

2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

It turns out that analytics is really just putting a chart of every player in the NBA on the wall and throwing darts at it. "Pablo...Pri-what? WTF is that? Well, the gods never lie. Make it happen!"

4. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Anybody notice that this game ended almost the exact same way as the game ended last time we played the Clippers? Just this time was in the Rockets favor.

Close game until the middle of the fourth quarter where one team goes on a tremendous run

5. scottie brooks

Playing with Energy got us the win.

6. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Old Man Prigsssss

I had a WTF moment when McHale Pulled him out the game. I felt he ignited that lead

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Maybe McHale thought he was running out of gas, but I didn't like it either. I don't trust his judgment.

We need his safe play at the end of the game, unless he is playing poorly.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Austin Rivers was the biggest contributor to the 15-1 run. Thanks for the nepotism, Glenn!

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I know you said that to be funny, but what is Doc thinking? Austin Rivers isn't any good. He actively hurt the Clippers last night.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Remind Morey?? Of the trade that HE made?? For the PG in question?? I....just.....what???

That's the equivalent of me telling you, "That's a nice breath you just took there. I hope that reminds you of how important oxygen is for living."

The GARM these days......I swear it's Idiocracy in message board form.

11. Carl Herrera

It's no joke. Austin Rivers was seriously a VERY large part of the the 15-1 run. Watch the video. Him turning the ball over, getting rejected at the rim, and just generally being clueless was huge for the Rockets. It was a 10-1 run when Austin was in there. Then Doc finally put CP into the game, the Rockets scored 2 more baskets but the Clipper were generally able to stem the tide after that.

CP is really that great and Austin is really that poor.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I was agreeing with you. I meant I know you posted that to be funny not to really stir up conversation about Austin Rivers. I just don't get how Doc can be that blind.

People here were so jealous of the Clippers for having Doc and the media goes on and on about how great he is. I still maintain what I've always said about Doc Rivers.

He was an awful coach in Orlando that quit on his team. He was hired to be the coach of a terrible Celtics team. Everyone wanted him and Ainge fired. They lucked into a situation where they paired three hall of famers and they won a title, suddenly he's a great coach and Ainge is a great GM. He hasn't done jack with the Clippers (actively made them worse since he took over the reigns of player personnel decisions) and Ainge hasn't done anything with the Celtics.

Doc has been a bad coach that quits when the situation gets tough and he's proven to make bad decisions on personnel. So glad the Rockets aren't riddled with him. I believe if he were an old white guy instead of a black dude who played the game in recent memory, he would be eviscerated by the media.

13. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Thank you, Austin Rivers!

14. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Austin Rivers or no Austin Rivers we don't win this game without Prag involved..now Beverly can be used differently if Mchale chooses to tinker the lineup from time to time..we have more flexibility. Hopefully KJ will get some play time

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Morey is a damn fool if he lets Brewer go. Dude is such a good fit.

The gent wasn't so good under Smug Flip. Great identification by KMc and/or DM the GM.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I can't disagree with the essence of your post. I'll just add that 'the media' loves Doc. He was perfect for the C's Big 3 + RR; not so perfect with these guys, nor in this role.

And yet - - for today, anyway, the Clips have wrested sole control of LaLa from the Lakes.

17. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

So, when is Prigi going to play at the 4? ;)

18. eman

eman Contributing Member

Brewer is our third star.

19. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I feel we need to get KJ out there. I feel he can bring us something too.

20. Carl Herrera

Doc is fine as a coach, overrated maybe, but not incompetent. But his GM stint has been rather bad.

I do not know how CP, Griffin and co. can stop themselves from rolling their eyes at some of the guys doc broght in, particularly Austin.