1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 100% trying to get Paul George

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 19, 2017.

1. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

If we had enough assets to trade for Kevin Love, and Kevin Love could net you Paul George, then we could just trade for George. But I don't think Cleveland is trading Love without getting George in return.

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Yep. makes too much sense. Boston has the assets. A team like Indy is gonna need picks and really good prospects back for George; and while i certainly think guys like Capela and Dekker have to be appealing, we lack the picks; Boston's got both. It's unrealistic to think we're a good trade partner for Indy; they're not looking for a Pat Beverly.

The only wildcard is if Indy is dead set against trading George within the conference. Sometimes you have owners and GM's who feel strongly about that; i'm sure they'd prefer to trade him to a western conference team. How much that matters; who knows.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Boston wont give up their "premium" 1st round picks in a PG trade. I am sure they are offering their OWN low 1st rounders or other low ones they have from other teams. About as much value as the Laker 27+28 picks the Pacers passed on already.

4. Nook

Nook Member

The issue isn't whether the Celtics have the assets to get Paul George, they clearly do. The question is will they be willing to trade them for Paul George.

gatsby, DonKnock, Deuce and 2 others like this.
  5. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Paul George screwed the Pacers. Indy should consider themselves lucky to get even an above average package for George. No team can give them anything too great for a potential one year rental. The pacers need to get real... Anderson+ lou williams+ future 1st for George take it or leave it ****boys.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  6. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

only if he promises to sign an extension.

7. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Rockets 100% trying to get Paul George is not news. Rockets 100% getting Paul George would be real news.

Deuce, amaru and Nook like this.
  8. koby1868

koby1868 Member

The more I read about the guy the less I want him. He's a cancer and a bad team mate. F***ed his teammates girl, calls out team mates in post game interviews, knocks up strippers. We do NOT need this guy regardless of talent.

9. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

lol they would rather let him walk then take on Anderson's disastrous contract.

10. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Marc Stein
    League sources: Cavs, Pacers and Nuggets have discussed a three-way deal that would land Paul George in Cleveland and Kevin Love in Denver

11. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Never underestimate the power of LeGM. ;)

DonKnock, amaru and Vivi like this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Interesting...Denver has some very interesting pieces for a rebuilding team, i wonder if they're willing to trade Murray in this...probably not, i guess something like Mudiay, Plumlee and picks or maybe Harris...

14. Play07

Play07 Member

Makes sense they get out of Loves contract, so if PG leaves to LA they still will have a max contract for anyone Lebron picks if he stays.

**plot twist #1**
    Lebron and PG leaves and goes to LA together after talks with magic next summer

**plot twist #2**
    Lebron stays with cavs and gets PG to resign, and lakers fans and Magic go crazy

amaru and BigMaloe like this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Denver is probably happy to dump Faried too so...

Would be cool to know what Morey is offering though, just to have a better idea.

16. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

I'm guessing Pacers would probably received Harris/Mudiay/picks.

17. rockets13champs

I'm fine with PG staying East. What I want is CP3 and Milsap and a bench that consists of Darren Collison and Ilyasova

18. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

If they could get Farried in addition to PG...they would be better.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets can accumulate top 3 in NBA wins yet no teams want our players.. astounding.

BigMaloe likes this.