1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rocket stats of last 10 games, since Lin feels better about his back,

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sutton, Mar 28, 2014.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Am I the only one that last night noticed that when Bev went out MKW broke into the paint with ease three plays in a row? Yes Dwight saved the day on a few possessions but it was blatantly obvious that the Rockets NEED Beverley despite whatever Lin is going to or not going to bring on a nightly basis.

So yes I'm super glad Lins back is feeling better now and for some reason that helps him with turnovers and driving to the lane with effectiveness but it doesn't change the fact that in the playoffs if Lin is the only thing standing in the way of a Westbrook or Cp3 drive, we are screwed.

As a spark off the bench on offensive it's great to have that weapon back, but not counting on Linsanity in the postseason.... Sorry. Hopefully we get a great performance or two but I wouldn't hold my breath.

OP is right though about Lin pulling it together though. He's been much better as of lately.

2. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

That showed Lin is still not totally healthy. I noticed that too, he is a bit slower than he normally is.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

He looks healthy to me and nothing had been reported in weeks.

If he's injured, he needs to be sitting out if you can't defend. Sorry but him not being able to keep top level Pgs in front of him has always been an issue. That's not new despite these excusatory injuries.

Not trying to be rude but it's the truth and that's the main reason why Bev will keep that starting job for the time being.

4. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Man, if I had anything new to say about Lin at all I would use that as the thread title. Brilliant.

5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

crazy that d-mo is becoming great on d when last year that was his biggest weakness. the dude has crazy potential.

6. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

I think Lin had trouble guarding MCW. He generally does not get beat that badly on a consistent basis. I think it was more positioning than anything. He was up on him but then played the wrong angle...thought MCW was going left when he really wanted to go right and vice versa.

7. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

But seriously, we need Bev back ASAP for the playoffs when the game gets to tough and aggressive for Jeremy.

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

They're like Lin Ninjas. :eek:

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Linjas?

10. Roc Paint

Brilliant, I love it!

11. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

Lin better step up to the plate with pat bev suffering a torn meniscus

12. whozee

whozee Member

You spelt 'cleverley' wrong, everyone forgets the third e...

13. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Well time for him to step up...

14. Roc Paint

Bring out the Cannon!

15. Breaker

Breaker Member

[youtube]-iSGbcJVp38[/youtube]

your new starting point guard.. again :eek::eek::eek::eek:

16. sutton

sutton Member

Hope this cheer you guys up a little bit.

This season to 3/15, vs Western team,

starting line up +Bev (black line) vs starting line up +Lin (Blue line)

[​IMG]

In short, in these games/line-up, Lin is far better at 2nd&4th quarter, Bev is better at
    1st quarter.

17. conquistador#11

If lin drops 30+ on Lowry and lowry blows by on lin on 4 straight poss for a total of 19 points, Lin still wins that match up.

He's had big performances against big time pgs (excluding paul and jackson). But he's never been nor will he ever be a pesky defender like bev (excluding playing vs Parker). His best defense is going to the rack without turning it over and keep on penetrating.

18. Normalus

Normalus Member

If I understand stats right - our best defender is the guy who was worst defender last year.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Then you are not just a Lin hater, you are a Rockets' hater. Why would the Rockets want to be rid of talented players? That is not addition by subtraction.

I wonder what dumbassery we will hear now with Bev out. SMH.

20. Soft Takes

Soft Takes Rookie

Lin had a tough series... We all saw it. However if you're telling me he hasn't improved over the course of this season and the last you're crazy. He will come to play come playoff time.