1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rocket fan? "yao ming never won a playoff series"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Dec 10, 2014.

?

Did Yao win a playoff series?

1. Yes, we beat Portland

119 vote(s)
    91.5%
  2. No, Skynet sent back this liquid guy and destroyed china

11 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. zyt

zyt Member

really? the legacy of.yao is a veteran rocket nazi constantly reminding people.of.his greatest career achievement , winning a series, which is beyond sad

revolve ur offense around stoudemire, you think he cant win 2 series in more years , averaging 20/8, making all stars? he would.give you more.options on offense, because hes not asian they could even trade him at max for picks as late as 2010

2. CertifiedTroll

Whether or not either TMac or Yao won a playoff series is trivial on our feelings toward them. Tinman will always hate TMac because he gave up on us. He became locker room cancer and quit on the team. Yao also battled injuries just like TMac, but he had class and would support our team when things were rough.

3. CertifiedTroll

I am not really sure why you are arguing at this point. You don't even come close to forming correct thoughts and the ones you have correctly assembled were wrong (as proven by OPs post).

4. TheJet

TheJet Member

If this is an attempt at trolling, I'd suggest that you post less and read more.

If this is an attempt at a rational argument, I'd suggest that you post less and read more.

5. Textroets

Textroets Member

Your 7 year old niece is still on the teet?

6. zyt

zyt Member

nope i will.post 20000 times more, until im.in my 40s claiming newbs r stupid and educate them on team history, thats what true rocket fans do

7. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

When you're in your 40s? That's probably ~30 years later isn't it? Stay in school, kids. See what happens when you don't?

8. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Just shut up.

9. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I guess I can understand being sentimental if you weren't around for the Hakeem years, but Yao & TMac's accomplishments were so miniscule next to winning a championship that I try not to give them a second thought. I'm afraid the whole era has to be considered a failure.

10. scottie brooks

At least I won a championship bruh. Tracey won nothing with the rockets. Tracey threw rockets and teammates under the bus. Tracey is Tracey. Nothing more.

11. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Well....now that I read what I wrote, it's a little harsh. Yao, TMac, and all tried their hardest and played to the best of their abilities, so I guess one shouldn't consider it a failure. They were just limited - esp. Yao. Unlike a lot of people here, I don't believe any team built around Yao would ever win a championship. Nice, great guy - so is my Uncle Ralphie - both him and Yao have the same number of championships. The 95 Rockets postseason will just spoil a fan.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Depends on who you ask - injuries did Yao wrong, but did Tracy right. :rolleyes:

13. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

you should have never responded to this thread, smh

hey guyz! check out my new sig! :grin:

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

If T-Mac had a tenth of the heart and integrity that Yao had, very few people would be so down on him. The problem with T-Mac is he wanted all the fame, glory, and money, but none of the responsibilities that come with being a franchise player. Such a waste of natural talent...

15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

did yao ever play in the finals like t-mac?

16. J Hard

J Hard Member

At first you ''invalidated'' Yao by saying he didnt win a playoff series.

Tinman points out your ignorance and now you make a weak attempt at speaking about the type of Offense around him. That's remedial and lame man, no matter how unattractive the offense was in your simple opinion, no one but Shaq could touch Yao when he played, it was actually pretty even Yao-Shaq, Amare couldn't even hang with Dwight, yet alone those 2 guys, wth are you talking about? lol but that's another topic for another day.

You're a troll man, deactivate your account.

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

The bitterness you have surrounding this current squad makes SO much more sense after these past 2 days. LOLOL.

18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

why would i be bitter? we're one of the top teams in the west! :confused:

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Who is "we?" Tracy McGrady is not walking through those doors. :p

1 person likes this.
  20. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

tracy mcgrady is one of the greatest rockets of all time. i'm a true rockets fan so that's why i like him! :cool:

only a fake rockets fan can deny the greatness that is tracy mcgrady!