1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robin van Persie

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RocketForever, Aug 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Am I the only one who thinks he is better than Messi? Messi is more creative and skillful but this guy can flat out put the ball into the net.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AVzsSNDWRig?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AVzsSNDWRig?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TN6GGqPW5cg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TN6GGqPW5cg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

yes. You are the only one who thinks that.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

4. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

1. I am so excited to watch RVP as a United player. I can't believe we got him!

2. He's not better than Messi. RVP has been good for barely 2 years. He's not as good as Rooney, probably not as good as D. Silva, not as good as Xavi, CR7, or Messi.

But, I appreciate your enthusiasm.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

HAY GUYZ WESTBROOK BETTER THAN LEBRON?

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I think he's better than Pelè and Maradona combined, he is the most complete player of all-time.

7. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

8. RocketForever

Westbrook plays second fiddle to Kevin Durant. Van Persie was the main man and carried the Arsenal team.

9. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

so who is going to leave Man U? Berbatov? and how many minutes Chicharito is going to play with Van Persie on the team, Chicharito didnt look good against US, so I hope he plays better.

10. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

11. The Stig

The Stig Member

Berbatov and Macheda.

SAF is gonna go with a strike force of Rooney RvP Welbeck Chicharito and Kagawa and with 50 some games this season, everybody is going to see playing time.

Chicharito was shockingly bad for Mexico the other day. If he converted half of his chances, Mexico would've won pretty comfortably.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

RVP makes me forget about Messi.

13. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

It is just you. If Messi was Dutch we wouldn't have a discussion if he should start.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

No, you are not the only one. Given the number of people we are talking here, I am sure there are other delusional souls out there.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Wow that Arsenal really missed RVP today. Some of those chances would have been easily put away by Van Persie.

16. RocketForever

So many haters...look who has the last laugh now.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-van-persie-ready-trophy-presentation-101846637.html

Football - Van Persie ready for trophy presentation
    Robin van Persie cannot wait to get his hands on the Premier League trophy.

PA Sport – 18 hours ago
    Email
    ShareTweet
    Print

RELATED CONTENT
    Bet on Football - Bet £25 and get £25 free

By the time Manchester United receive their prize following next Sunday's final home game against Swansea, it will be three weeks since the victory over Aston Villa that clinched the success. That Van Persie scored a hat-trick that night is fitting given the 29-year-old's contribution has been widely acknowledged as the key to United's 20th championship.
    For a player who left Arsenal to compete for major honours rather than a battle to retain a place in the top four, it means next weekend cannot come quickly enough. "It is the feeling you dream of," Van Persie told United Review.
    "Everything is about lifting the trophy. There were some great pictures taken after the Aston Villa game, but there was one thing missing from them all; the trophy. That's the picture that will be framed in my house; me, lifting the Barclays Premier League trophy. I can't wait for that moment."
    It did seem something of a gamble for both player and club to make such a significant switch last summer. However, it did not take Van Persie, nor manager Sir Alex Ferguson, long to realise they had made exactly the right move.
    "I wouldn't have moved if I'd had doubts," he said. "Instead, from day one I was almost certain we would win trophies - not in a couple of years but this year.
    "I saw the players in training. I saw the way they behaved, the way they lived, their mentality, the way the staff worked, the way the manager and the staff acted. When all those elements combine you end up with a team of champions. It also helps when you have so many players who know how to win."
    Van Persie missed out to Gareth Bale in the voting for the PFA and FWA awards which he collected last season. As consolation it seems certain Van Persie will end up with the Premier League Golden Boot for the second year running. Not that Van Persie regards the Golden Boot prize as a personal honour anyway.
    "In a way, it is not an honest award," he said. "Even if you end up with the most goals in a season, those goals are the team's goals and many will have been made possible by other players. They should make a Golden Boot for the whole team.
    "It would be nice (to win it), but the main thing for me was to win the league. Even if I'd scored half the number of goals and we'd won the league I would still have been happy."

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

he's not better than Messi. Give it up.

18. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

So winning the EPL makes him better than Messi? I love your logic, lmao.

19. RocketForever

We can agree to disagree who is better.

But you cannot deny that he is the best player on the best team of the best soccer league in the world. This is a fact.

20. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

Zlatan Ibrahimovic says hi. Na j/k, but he's def one if the most talented.