1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    PACERS vs KNICKS Game 2: Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL.........yeah, right. Fine....release to CONGRESS.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Nice meme. I am fine with Mueller's investigation and I said previously that I would fine if Mueller didn't find evidence of collusion between trump and russians. I am also interested in the other possible crimes (obstruction, emoluments, and financial crimes). Whether or not investigations prove or disprove those may or may not happen.

Meanwhile, trump is still president. Whether or not that is a good or bad thing is still to come.

3. NewRoxFan

trump could avoid lying, even about this...

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Wow lots of Trumper backflips. I’d say hold your horses but you guys don’t care. You get to own the libs on the Internet in your own little world today so have at it. Me even commenting today here I’m sure will incite sh$& talking but objective comments need to be said regardless.

Couple initial points:

-This is the Barr report. Not the Mueller report. We need to see Mueller’s full report short of redactions of course. Mueller didn’t conclude obstruction in 2 years but Barr did in... 48 hours??... like Iran Contra, Barr is inserting himself into the middle of a firestorm. He better be crystal clear there isn’t more to the story.

-Genuinely glad that Trump didn’t knowingly conspire. That’s a good thing all day everyday assuming the Barr report is an accurate depiction of Mueller’s findings.

Still doesn’t make what Trump did do okay which significantly lowers the bar for people running for election who lie to the American people the way he does and have these types of shady criminals surrounding their inner circle.

-why the hell did Trump and co. constantly attack Mueller?? Since they attacked his cred daily why should I believe this report?

Trumps attacks on the DOJ, Mueller etc. just raise the questions about this report and make it less believable. So why did they create this black cloud over the report to begin with? Seems counter intuitive if this was even remotely a possibility.

-Congressional oversite couldn’t be more relevant at the moment. You see here now how easy it wouid be to whitewash a special counsel report if you didn’t have Congress to conduct oversite. At the very least the gang of 8 should see the full findings ASAP to ensure Barr really is in line with Mueller’s findings because based on what we see today, he has inserted himself into the equation and begged to be looked at for a potential cover up.

#7124 dobro1229, Mar 24, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    Jump Ship likes this.
  5. body slam

body slam Member

I thought it was innocent until proven guilty

Svpernaut, TheresTheDagger and cml750 like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

7. NewRoxFan

8. adoo

adoo Member

the Traitor cherry-picks piecemeal info

The attorney general says

Mueller did not conclude whether Trump obstructed justice.
    He quotes the special counsel as stating,

“while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/24/att...to-release-mueller-russia-probe-findings.html

9. NewRoxFan

10. Newlin

Newlin Member

This thread has had about 100 posts in the last hour. Not really kinda quiet.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with this. I'm personally glad if there is no collusion. Trump invited this investigation upon himself.

12. cml750

cml750 Member

I hope they appoint a special counsel to investigate how all this got started. Every single American should want to get to the bottom of this, Many heads have already rolled at the FBI and DOJ. They should all be investigated as well as the people involved who are still employed. Brennan, Clapper, Comey, Susan Rice, etc... all have some explaining to do and should answer for anything they did found to break any laws. What did Obama know and when did he learn about it?

mick fry likes this.
  13. mick fry

mick fry Member

Just let it out man
    [​IMG]

TheresTheDagger, Roc Paint and cml750 like this.
  14. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

You cannot be proven innocent, only guilty. If there is enough evidence found to prove guilt then you are charged with the crime.

Proving someone innocent is much harder, which is why the judge rules not guilty. In a case like this, how the hell can you actually prove someone innocent. These dealings are done in many ways that can be hidden and instantly deleted.

Svpernaut likes this.
  15. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Let's take a walk down memory lane... @DaDakota -- your thoughts please?

PLAYED LIKE A FOOL

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

TRUMP HATERS GO HOME

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Let it go

cml750 likes this.
  18. dobro1229

Not willing to go that far (that there is known evidence of obstruction that we know for sure based on this report) but I do agree that Barr’s stance here is problematic.

Barr made himself the story here like he did with Iran Contra. He’s going to have quite the legacy in our history books if he is in any way involving in another cover up.

On its face though this very much looks like Mueller rightfully referred presidential wrongdoing to Congress, and Barr said “Ill just make that judgement myself”. That’s a problematic take from Barr and he made himself the story today which is never what a law enforcement person should ever go for.

19. dobro1229

Dude I’ve been following this story for two years now and commenting a lot on it here. I’m allowed to have conclusive thoughts on the findings... which we don’t really know all of yet.

Put me on ignore if that bothers you so much.

20. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member