1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just goes to show that they are scared of releasing the thing publically and instead want to go on a witch hunt of a president that makes Trump look like a turd.

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

Hey, they are running out of conspiracy theories.

cml750 likes this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The final result is speculation and most of it has been speculation, but there have been court papers and indictments listed that were public. So there has been some evidence but not the final findings. I think what many of us have been saying all along is just wait for the report before coming to a final decision.

Now we have the report. My guess is that it won't show enough evidence to prosecute the conspiracy to defraud the U.S. I'm speculating based on the fact that Trump's family weren't indicted. But we don't know, yet.

jcf, Harrisment and Os Trigonum like this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I tend to agree that since others weren't recommended for an indictment that's probably a good sign for Trump.

That being said don't minimalize the crimes for which people were guilty. We add someone who was acting in the interest of another sovereign nation as one of Trump's top cabinet appointments. You may not take that seriously, but if you don't, then I would question your priorities when it comes to the United States.

Also we don't know all that Mueller has found until the report is released.

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

What would be educational would be if you actually read. I hope that the people who offered to work with the Russians didn't rise to the level of definite criminality.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Definitely more likely... lol

Actually I live in a time zone vastly different from most CFs.. I think it is the same as Moscow's.

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I fully support the Democratic effort to get that report published for the record. I want it public.

No Worries likes this.
  8. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

I think the fact that Don Jr and others have not been indicted on collusion or conspiracy has to be a great sign for the rest of the Trump team and Trump himself.

I don't see why people are celebrating when the report could very well detail numerous other crimes, particularly multiple counts of obstruction by the president.

FranchiseBlade and dachuda86 like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

nunes is such a tool...

10. NewRoxFan

And chris christie is a tool...

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah but what he says here is correct

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This. Well said.

13. cml750

cml750 Member

I cant speak for him but I regularly wake up between 3:30 and 4 AM. I go to work at 5 AM before anyone else is in the office. I get a lot more work done without the distractions. When you wake up early every day during the week, your body gets accustomed to waking up at that time so I tend to wake up at that time on weekends also. I would prefer to sleep in but once I wake up I am up and can't go back to sleep.

As far as having a life, I have been happily married for 26 years. My kids are both grown. My daughter is a senior at Texas A&M living in College Station and my son has been working and living in Houston for the last few years. My free time grew exponentially once my kids were out of the house and I was no longer coaching sports and/or attending the things my very active kids were involved in. My wife and I do a lot together and stay active but we do have a little bit of empty nest syndrome.

14. NewRoxFan

How so? It would be important to know if what Mueller found troubled him/the investigation however there was not enough evidence to indict. It would also be useful to know if an indictment wasn't made, but that Mueller's investigation referred that part of the investigation to one of the other ongoing investigations.

Simply saying nothing would leave so many questions. You would think trump and his defenders would want that communicated in order to clear him, others on his campaign or administration, or his family members.

15. NewRoxFan

Sounds very similar to me... married 31 years, early riser, even on weekends and especially Sundays when I help set up our church. One daughter just finishing her Masters at Sam and starting a job with the DPS as a counter terrorism analyst in Austin, the other at the local junior college working on an Accounting degree.

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

What he said is political.

Up to Mueller, but there isn't a golden rule here. A correct or incorrect way. I think the public would want to know, now or eventually what was all found, with the why and how given the interest and the potential for reform, establishing clearer expectation and perhaps potential for updated laws for better protection from foreign influence in the future.

As an example - no banker was charged for the financial collapse, although their collective actions caused it and the people wanted to see accountability. The prosecutors explained in details why, which simply comes down to they couldn't establish a case given the laws at the time. I would argue they have a responsibility to explain what they found, why they weren't able to prosecute and if they wanted to, even suggest possible changes to the law.

Os Trigonum and NewRoxFan like this.
  17. cml750

cml750 Member

I am ready to have grandkids although neither of my kids are at a point in life where they are ready for children.

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

It is decidedly not. The DoJ has standing rule that a sitting President can not be indicted.

19. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    Let's deal with facts -- something you and your side have not done for two years on this topic. The Special Counsel's two years of effort did not uncover probable cause to charge a single American of conspiring to work with Russia to influence the 2016 election. ZERO.

GOOD DAY

20. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Not only was Don Jr not indicted, but not a single American was indicted for conspiring to work with Russia to influence the 2016 election.

Not a single American was charged or indicted for obstruction of justice either.

GOOD DAY