1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

When people are working for free you can send as many agents as you wish.

JeffB, mdrowe00, No Worries and 2 others like this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Just a reminder to the witch hunt Trumpers.... this Stone indictment wouid need to be approved be Matthew Freaking Whitaker.

Of course if he declined them Mueller would then be able to report to Congress which might have been the hill he didn’t want to die on, but still.

If this was a witch hunt indictment with shaky evidence it would be the perfect one for Whitaker to decline. There’s a reason why Stone wasn’t brought in for testimony or to try and flip. He’s a nightmare personality to prosecute because of his expertise at conspiracy theory and manipulating his audience ... who in this case could be a jury.

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

from the article in the 1st link I already posted I'll post the link again: https://www.lawfareblog.com/roger-stones-arrest-was-appropriate-not-heavy-handed

from the 2nd link I posted

again there wasn't any use of an ounce of force and none of the suspects rights were violated

peleincubus likes this.
  4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Lol is this serious? All that force was justified for some emails like this from how many months ago? LMAO! Man I wish I could get that kind of law enforcement for the **** I call in almost every weekend.

But seriously how many months ago was that email sent? And did they release the full emails? I tried to find it on Stone's site just out of curiosity, but I didn't try that hard after I found nothing. He's just selling bullshit on there. Wait I just looked on the indictment and it was from April 2018, but I didn't see the full emails. So they knew about these supposed horrible threats (which they weren't from how I read the indictment) for months and just decided to blow his doors off like this now....cool. This whole thing is dumb as ****. I wish I could get myself outraged enough to give a ****, but I just don't.

Carry on gentlemen!

jcf likes this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This is how those agents like to spend their vacations.

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Stone threatened to kill another man’s dog! Stone is lucky that the FBI did not send 1000 agents.

7. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

News: The president's friend of 40 years has been indicted on 7 felony counts in regards to the Russia investigation.

Conservatives: But HOW he was arrested is so terrible and unfair! That's the real news here!

Deckard, CourtOfDreams, JeffB and 8 others like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL, for someone who professes he doesn't care, you sure seem to care a lot...

9. NewRoxFan

And like clockwork, stone is a coffee boy that he barely knew...

10. dobro1229

It’s obvious the “Stone didn’t work for me” excuse was a plot for plausible deniability. The GOP has used him for decades in this manner as a political assasin who would do their dirty work but never had official roles for plausible deniability. Everyone knows this is his role not just with Trump.

The most interesting thing though is what happened around Stones “separation” from team Trump. What was it that happened around that time that would cause Team Trump to say this is a good time for us to officially separate, but you go do this on the side for us.

11. NewRoxFan

Correct, trump is in effect admitting stone is guilty of charges.

12. dobro1229

The funny thing is that it’s obvious even in the indictment that he was caught red handed multiple times working with the campaign at the highest levels. The whole “he didn’t work for me” excuse was a stupid one to begin with if they weren’t going to take even the most basic steps to cover their tracks.

JeffB likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

LOL... he was arrested on Friday. And he already admitted the FBI was polite to him and his wife during the arrest.

14. NewRoxFan

trump (and stone?) defenders... this is how ridiculous you look.

15. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

You call the police almost every weekend? Might want to reevaluate your life choices breh.

JuanValdez likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

17. Buck Turgidson

18. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

He seems to have forgotten that his close, personal friend of over 40 years ordered law enforcement not to "be too nice" when making arrests. He's lucky they didn't slam his head against the door sill when they put him a vehicle. You know, the way the Cave Man implied they should.

vlaurelio and Buck Turgidson like this.
  19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Was someone making a scene at an East Austin coffee place?

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Thank you, so very much, for boiling it down in such a sensible and obvious way (I hope for all).

But to riff on this, it's not "conservatives." It's very clever conservative media and messaging, and it worked. An amazing chunk of the last couple of pages in this thread, including posts from lots of decent folks who haven't pledged allegiance to any political team, was about our ignorant (sorry, by definition) critiques or justifications of largely irrelevant FBI arrest practices instead of the ginormous elephant in the middle of the condo, something worth discussing at length: the indictments and their implications.

We should all keep our eyes peeled in the weeks and months ahead for these practices of story misdirection. The political story of our century is unfolding hour to hour. Future presidential candidates and tweets from pretty people should be considered for amusement only, by comparison.

Cheers everyone.

mdrowe00, JeffB, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.