1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Why you all crying they can be posted here in the mueller investigation thread

@Astrodome

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So you think the most likely scenario is that Cohen withheld information and evidence that would have gotten him complete immunity and now that the information is out there and accurate in your opinion, he will be going to prison for longer due to violating his deal with Mueller by not fully cooperating and withholding information? You do realize that is what you are saying is the case just so you can hold on to hope that the BuzzFeed fake news is accurate right?

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Something that would make this forum better since you are so concerned about it these days. Stop putting words in other people's mouths. Respond to their arguments. Don't tell them what they are saying using your own words and often misunderstandings. Just a suggestion that would make this place a bit more bearable and hopefully lead to better discussions.

RayRay10, vlaurelio and Harrisment like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that would be great if you could. I recognize there was some overlap, but the Buzzfeed story (which if it's a Buzzfeed fail makes it an even bigger story) is significant enough to potentially warrant its own thread (all kidding about I.D.I.O.T. aside). But merging the two threads would be good to keep the Buzzfeed conversation going.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not putting words in anyone's mouth, I'm clarifying a position that someone was taking. He was saying that Cohen didn't cooperate with Mueller and that's why he didn't get immunity....and what that would mean is that he could have gotten it and now he's going to prison for longer for violating the terms of his deal.

I think that sounds pretty ridiculous, so I'm curious to see if that's what he was actually thinking.

6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

That's not what he said. Those are the words you are putting in his mouth. He asked a question about if you know for sure that Cohen handed them over.

He asked a question. Then you started saying he was claiming all sorts of stuff. You do that frequently. Then you argue against the words you put in other people's mouths.

If you want to argue against positions that you make up for other people rather than what they are actually saying, you don't need these boards to do that.

I'm just trying to help since you frequently boast about all you've done to help the board lately. Of course, you won't listen or actually make this better for real discussion.

R0ckets03 and vlaurelio like this.
  7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Donny’s post is one that is not based on facts. It’s what he wants to play out, but he can’t back it up with facts.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So.....that question implies that he doesn't think that Cohen turned over that evidence meaning that he violated his deal with Mueller....so yeah, what I asked him was absolutely dead on and I'm not completely sure why that upsets you.....but the board would be better if you let him speak for himself since it seems you misunderstood the conversation while putting on your shining armor.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

No ****, Sherlock.

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

like I said...

11. TheresTheDagger

First, I had severe doubts about the fairness of our current moderator before he ever got the job.
    Second, within a short period of time of him getting the job, I see posts of his that mock Trump.
    Third, the only thread I've seen closed in the 9 years I've been posting in the D&D is this one.

These are my observations. I don't expect everyone to feel the same, but it appears at least one other poster is annoyed enough they are leaving the D&D altogether. I personally just started posting again after a 2 1/2 month self imposed hiatus. I'm already seeing why returning might have been a mistake.

Astrodome and Bobbythegreat like this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Like I said.

13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

14. vlaurelio

Remember when they went to his office?

15. vlaurelio

So theres a mueller investigation thread right? What he posted falls under the mueller investigation

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah....so what you are suggesting is that Mueller found the evidence and that's why Cohen didn't get a good deal? I guess that's possible, but then why did Mueller come out and refute the BuzzFeed story so quickly?

17. vlaurelio

BF asked what the inaccuracies are so Ill wait for the response first

But its good the everyone is in agreement that mueller & co are authoritive and credible dealer of truth as far as its investigation goes

No Worries likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's funny how you can tell when new talking points go out because it seems they get parroted everywhere. While there's no question that Mueller's witch hunt has been tainted by bias and bad actors, I don't think anyone ever suggested that they were less credible than BuzzFeed.....so people saying so shouldn't be that big of a revelation.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. vlaurelio

So they can be not completely truthful and BF report is accurate right?

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL you can certainly hold out hope for that if you like but the BF report simply doesn't make sense given that Cohen didn't get a very good deal. If there was physical evidence of any kind against Trump that could be backed up by Cohen's testimony he'd have gotten complete immunity for his money laundering.....add to that the fact that this report was seen as so inaccurate as to justify an almost immediate response from Mueller and you don't have much of an excuse to still believe.....but I know how much some of you guys have emotionally invested in the narrative so I'll understand if you aren't ready to give up on it just yet.

You always have to account for the "I want to believe" factor

[​IMG]