1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The first witness?

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Meanwhile, Mueller's investigation continues. And more and more signs that the focus is on money-laundering crimes by the Trump family. Here's an article from last month. Remember the meeting at Trump Tower between Donald Junior and a Russian lawyer named Natalia Veselnitskaya? Remember the Magnitsky Act was mentioned?

Maybe What Russia Wants From Trump Is Permission to Launder Its Dirty Money
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...d_money_laundering.html?wpsrc=sh_all_dt_tw_ru

3. NewRoxFan

I am sure it was all just another coincidence...

Trump makes policy pledge to senator investigating son's Russia meeting
    President promises federal support for ethanol to industry backer Chuck Grassley a day after reports that Trump Jr will meet with Grassley’s committee

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ussia-meeting-chuck-grassley?CMP=share_btn_tw

KingCheetah and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

Not a surprise, but good to see that the noose is tightening...

Mueller teams up with IRS in Russia probe: report
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/348798-mueller-teams-up-with-irs-in-russia-probe-report

KingCheetah, FranchiseBlade and pirc1 like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

Report: Mueller has unreleased Trump letter on Comey firing
    http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...r-has-unreleased-trump-letter-on-comey-firing

6. NewRoxFan

Unsent letter apparently provides Trump's real reason for firing Comey... because Comey wouldn't publicly clear Trump. #obstruction

Trump draft letter complained Comey wouldn't clear him: report
    http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-comey-firing-complained-he-wouldnt-say-trump

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Incompetence still can not be ruled out.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Far from. It will be a part of any conclusion for any analysis of anything related to Two Scoops.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm sure an almost seventy year old guy who has been rich his whole life ran for president to help Russian banks launder money

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so do you have the real reason why he ran for president?

12. adoo

adoo Member

i am more sure that Trump,

who has
    bankrupted his businesses at least 4 times (not even counting the USFL),
    a history of stiffing his vendors/lawyers/US banks and thus unable to obtain financing in his own country,
    his multi-$100 M loans, extended by Deutche Bank / Chinese financial consortium, guaranteed by
    Russian oligarchs/banks,
    would subjugate himself to help the Russian oligarchs/banks to launder $$$ in the US, as well as to remove US sanctions on Russia

#592 adoo, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Because he loves this country and believes in his agenda

I don't agree with 20% of his beliefs but I think he is genuine

Honestly I think he ran to build his brand and took it seriously when he saw an opportunity to win. Obviously that wouldn't be the best intentions but I don't think Trump is a criminal. He maybe a jerk, he maybe outlandish but he isn't a criminal and he does love this country

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

This is one of the strangest posts I've ever read. Trump routinely advocates positions that are un-American such as supporting torture, intentionally killing innocent civilians, ignoring the rule of law, etc. He has praised brutal dictators like Putin, the leader of N. Korea, the leader of the Philippines, and seems to support vigilante actions left and right. I'm not sure how any of that shows a real belief in the United states

You really believe that he loves the country? He loves it so much that he never bothered to understand how the government works, the separation of powers within our government. He didn't bother to learn any of that because he believes in this country? I have seen little evidence that he cares anything at all about this nation, its principles, ideals, or much else about it.

Deckard likes this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Okay bro. That means he doesn't love the country that made him rich

Why wouldn't a rich American love America?

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Judge Judy makes $33 million a year

I'm sure she hates it along with the Kardshians

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Trump loves himself. That's about it.

This isn't about loving the country you live in. This is about showing concern for others and serving others which presidents do. In his 70 years of existence, he has shown no evidence of advancing goals that are not of his self-interest. This is mostly evident in his 'Trump foundation'.

Can you explicitly point out examples during his life that shows he is an altruistic man?

It's actually kinda weird. You seem actually genuine in believing that Trump is some sort of altruistic man who is doing this out of the good of his heart. It's kinda of cute but also incredibly naive. I mean... You have to be trolling right?

I can give an explcit example of Obama pursing interests that are altruistic or in service to the community he cares about. The best example is him graduating with a Harvard law degree and deciding to be a civil rights attorney instead of joining some wealthy corporate law firm and making bank right off the bat.

Has Trump ever in his entire life shown any level of altruism? I don't think even most conservative posters here who dish out apologetic for the man left and right would believe he ran for president out of the good in his heart. He did it because he loves being the center of attention. Why do you think he uses things like ratings as a first salvo of insults to people he doesn't like?

Serious question. Are you trolling or do you genuinely believe the stuff you type here?

#597 fchowd0311, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    krnxsnoopy and Deckard like this.
  18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

LOL

B-Bob likes this.
  19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Don't ask me why he doesn't love America. You'd have to ask Trump.

Though it isn't this country that made him rich, it was being born into a rich family. He was rich from the day he was born.

20. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Lame Duck Donald only cares about Lame Duck Donald