1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. Granville

Granville Member

'But the mixing of speech fees, the Clinton Foundation, and actions by the State Department, which she ran, are all intertwined and it's corrupt.'

i accept your apology in advance.

Dark Rhino likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sure, they should go after any crime, not sure why you feel the need to lump that in, but I am fine with that are you?

For once, I would like to see a Trumper say......go after all crooks including Trump.

DD

JeffB likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes I heard that and it's not calling the foundation corrupt. He is saying leveraging her position as SOS to get donations was corrupt, not the actual foundation or its operations. He actually states that the foundation does good work.

I accept YOUR apology in advance.

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

Whose swampier?

Read the NY attorney general’s corruption lawsuit against the Trump Foundation

Trump is just corrupt all around.... and selects corrupt cabinet members. Now his Dept of Commerce..

Axios: Wilbur Ross' growing conflict of interest problem

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

If Banana Republicans can not find a Banana Republican way to indict her then they are not very good Banana Republicans.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  6. Granville

Granville Member

You can't be this ignorant. Accepting donations in exchange for political favors makes the foundation corrupt. The foundation may do some good things with the money they get but the issue is HOW they are getting the money.

7. Granville

Granville Member

8. DaDakota

False equivalancy, how about we arrest and prosecute ANY crook?

Does that work for you?

DD

JeffB and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. Granville

Granville Member

Fine by me. I haven’t seen that stance from you on other incidents though...

10. DaDakota

It is my consistent message starting with Trump.

DD

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Probably not a surprise, knowing how corrupt trump is and the desperation of keeping office, so here's a story expected to break soon...

mdrowe00 likes this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Looks like its a "claim of sexual assault". Two birds with one stone.... try to take away the "we believe women have the right to be heard" notion/paint liberals as hypocrites, and go after Mueller.

Democrats shouldn't take the bait on this story, and should stick to their principles. Same as with Kavanaugh, this claim should be investigated. Doesn't mean anything about the facts already presented in the cases, convictions, sentences, and guilty pleas in the cases.

Mueller has to know that Trump was going to shut him down, or bloody him up one way or another which is why he started farming out the investigation months ago, and getting as much evidence in the court system as possible.

After the midterms, Trump is going to try and shut down everything in the DOJ related to him. There's no doubt about it. He will replace Sessions, and that new AG will send orders to every office in the US to close investigations X, Y, and Z. SDNY, DC office, FBI, Mueller, etc. all should be prepared for that, and protect their investigations accordingly.

13. dmoneybangbang

So Trump is possibly worse than Hillary?

14. NewRoxFan

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

someone getting paid to make false accusations?

the irony is thick

16. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

I know, right? The Right accuses others of doing stuff that the Right actually engages in (allegedly).

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I was referring to the false allegations of Christopher Steele, paid employee of the DoJ and DNC

cml750 likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

So a GOP operative named Jack Burkman has been shopping a story of sexual assault by Robert Mueller.

He has gone to all the major news sources and no one would buy the story........ so now he is claiming that he will release the information starting Thursday via facebook.

There just appears to be a problem........

This same man has offered former female contacts tens of thousands of dollars to claim they were sexually assaulted.

So former female contacts have been coming forward stating that they were offered the money to claim harassment.

"An alleged scheme to pay off women to fabricate sexual assault allegations against Special Counsel Robert Mueller has been referred to the FBI for further investigation, according to a spokesman for the special counsel’s office, Peter Carr …

The special counsel’s office confirmed that the scheme was brought to its attention by several journalists who were told about it by a woman alleging that she herself had been offered roughly $20,000 by a GOP activist named Jack Burkman “to make accusations of sexual misconduct and workplace harassment against Robert Mueller.” The woman told journalists that she had worked for Mueller as a paralegal at the Pillsbury, Madison, and Sutro law firm in 1974 … He said (and I will never forget exactly what it was) ‘I want you to make accusations of sexual misconduct and workplace harassment against Robert Mueller, and I want you to sign a sworn affidavit to that effect.’”

This GOP operative has also strongly pushed the Seth Rich story in the past, and is an employee of Newsmax............ the owner of Newsmax is also great friends with Trump....

FranchiseBlade and mdrowe00 like this.
  19. NewRoxFan

This thread is amazing... this Wohl character sure seems to get in the middle of trouble a lot... his mom's voicemail?

Nook and mdrowe00 like this.
  20. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...to whoever's been writing House of Cards...

...THIS
    is how you do dry humor and black comedy...