1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This is new to me...if feasible, would that mean SCOTUS rules on the issue?

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Which goes back to the heart of the collusion question and makes sense that at this stage closing in on the most sensitive areas that Mueller would involved state attorneys when he can in the area he’s needs to protect most. The more Mueller can spread this investigation out the more F-ed Trump will be.

Firing Rosenstein will happen really really soon. I guarantee you that Trump has spent the past two days looking around the DOJ for someone below Rosenstein who will agree to limit the scope and sit on Mueller’s reports. Firing Mueller in the near future won’t do much. He needs the DOJ to fix this more than he needs to shut down Mueller.

3. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...which is one of the reasons why The Donald rages unmercifully at Jeff Sessions at every available opportunity for recusing himself from this thing from the beginning...

...well, THAT...

...and it just looks like it's all kinds of fun to whup up on 'ol Beauregard Sessions...whatever the reason is...

#2243 mdrowe00, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

5. NewRoxFan

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

How did richard nixon not figure this out? Wasn't he the president with highest IQ?

7. dobro1229

Nixon overplayed his political power with Congress and was banking on his own party bluffing to not impeach him.

Trump is looking at taking that same risk obviously and I think this time Trump actually does not only have the sycophancy in Congress but the propaganda support that he needs to politically stay afloat when he inevitably fires Rosenstein and takes over the DOJ in order to bury the investigation. I think those invoking Nixon with Trump are seriously underplaying how incredibly brainwashed Trump fans are from FoxNews. Trump TV has an incredible amount of power in this country and is Trumps ace in the hole to become a dictator overnight.

Nixon’s plan wasn’t that bad... he just overplayed his hand with his political power in Congress and with the public.

8. dobro1229

I should add too that Nixon overplayed his hand to not get impeached but impeached and removed by the Senate.

Impeachment isn’t the end of the world. Clinton survived it because he knew he had the Senate support to keep him in office so allowing the investigation to take place and dealing with impeachment.

(I think) Trump is looking to take matters into his own hands really really soon because there is a real risk that after November Trump will lose the sycophancy in the House to draw the impeachment papers and the Senate even with Republican control isn’t the sure bet that the House is.

So that’s why he’s going to fight this NOW.

9. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

And Nixon was working with a popular backing. He was in his 2nd term after winning 49 states and getting more than %60 of the vote in his rellection which is insanely high. It also doesn't help that Mike Pence is insanely popular with conservatives.

10. dobro1229

Nixon at the time of removal when he was about to be impeached was not popular though. A year of watergate scandal dropped him into the teens (approval rating) I believe.

That’s why Trump, who is obsessed with his approval rating, will probably strike while the iron is hot thinking in 6 months he can move the country onto some stupid culture war.

I see a DOJ slow burn Saturday night massacre happening in the next few weeks.

11. NewRoxFan

hmmmm...

[​IMG]

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I kind of think of him as a big-eared version of curly from the Three Stooges, with Two Scoops as Moe. But the analogy doesn't work -- we've got too many stooges this time, LOL.

mdrowe00 and NewRoxFan like this.
  13. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

I am sure the judge who approved the warrant required a higher standard of probable cause considering the target is the President's lawyer.

B-Bob likes this.
  14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Close to 90% approval from Republican. Lost cause. GOP leadership created a monster that they have lost control of. Some are just giving up and leaving it to others to correct their mistake.

I'm more concern about the "independent". When a good number of them start to believe a liar, then it's over.

15. NewRoxFan

How does that go? Oh yea, SPLASH!

No Worries and mdrowe00 like this.
  16. NewRoxFan

The deets...

17. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I doubt Trump wants Rosenstein to be the one that gets that report. I believe Muller has a draft of the original letter for firing Comey that they had to clean up.

The note about dangling pardons in front of grand jury witnesses is interesting. You can't refuse to testify in front of the GJ, right? It would be one thing if he implied don't willingly go and I'll pardon you but another if he wanted them to lie. I think that is what would put this over the top for me. I would have a harder time voting him out of office for lying about ****.

18. NewRoxFan

And we now know why Rod Rosenstein was at the White House today (never mind the WH story "he was there on routine department business").

Rod Rosenstein, facing scrutiny from Trump, meets with president at the White House
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...rump-meets-with-president-at-white-house.html

No Worries likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

20. NewRoxFan

And now... tapes. SPLASH!!

FBI may have seized recorded conversations from Trump's attorney
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/12/politics/michael-cohen-fbi-raid-recordings/index.html

[​IMG]

No Worries likes this.