1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Horry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Christopher, Jun 14, 2000.

1. haven

haven Member

Horry has been valuable to LA... Phil Jackson himself said Horry's the key to the team.

The reason he doesn't start is to provide some power off the bench... anyone who thinks he isn't more valuable to that team than AC Green has been smoking a little too much doja. Put him on a team other than LA, and I think he averages 12 and 6 with occasional 20 pt outings. Horry could have been excellent... but he's a worthy addition as it is. A good roleplayer who shows flashes of brilliance.

I'd want him back... but not at a high price.

BTW, did anyone else see him run around Croshere in game 3? He hasn't lost that much on his step.

------------------

2. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I was sooooooooooo happy to see Horry go in the Barkley trade, just 'cuz I had just watched the Rox get swept by the Sonics. The guy did absolutely nothing for 3 and 9/10 games in that series, putting up some really miserable box scores, and looking completely lackadaisical while being perhaps the greatest contributor to the team being down three games. Then, all of the sudden as the fourth quarter was winding down as was the Rockets' season and hopes of three-peating, he suddenly got inspired and started hitting some big shots putting us into overtime, where the Rox lost. Some might call that clutch, but it was just the best example to me of his inconsistent effort. I also heard on the radio one time that he was spotted dancing in a club at 2 AM right after missing a game for a bad back. That didn't help my opinion of him.

He's got some skills that might help this team, but I would definitely prefer Croshere. I never got those Pippen comparisons. Perhaps Pippen's greatest offensive asset was his ballhandling at his size. Horry, however, routinely dribbled it off his foot if he had to handle the ball for more than two dribbles.

btw, did anyone see Horry get shoved by Ron Harper in game 7 of the Portland series after missing two FT's late in the fourth quarter? I've got in on tape. The face he makes is hilarious. It's like utter shock.

------------------

[This message has been edited by oakdogg (edited June 15, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by oakdogg (edited June 15, 2000).]

3. Horry

Horry Member

Launch Pad, I am not using a one good game=good player logic. I am saying that Horry stepped up in the playoffs and the finals and still can step up. I am not saying that if you have one good game you must be a good player. And no I do not think Bullard is a great player even if he scored 30+ in one game [​IMG] I think Horry was a very good player when he was with the Rockets and very often had great games, often brought us the win, especially in the playoffs. I´ll say it again: the Rockets would not have 2 championships if they would have traded Horry (unless they would have traded him for MJ [​IMG] Horry has never been the star of any team, or the go to guy and I am not saying that he should be. I am simply saying that Horry is a good role player, and unlike many role players, he doesn´t disappear when the pressure is on. He plays better in big games.

------------------

4. Gideon

Gideon Member

At the time that Horry was traded I believe that he was in a huge slump. His game definitely went bad for about a year, but I think he has started to pull it back around. I wouldn't mind picking him back up, but I don't know if he would be the best starting PF that we could get. Now if he would agree to come off the bench, then I would say welcome aboard.

By the way, does anyone else think that he looks like Will Smith? Seems like there's two Fresh Prince's in Bel-Air.

------------------
    He who stands for nothing will fall for anything.