1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Horry?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tharges, Jun 27, 2008.

1. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

What Horry are you watching? He does all of that and hit 3's, when he is playing.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If Greene plays as great defense and is as clutch as Horry
    We got a Steal!

Rocket River

3. verse

verse Contributing Member

abso-freakin-lutely! bring in a proven winner and mentor. part of our problem, imo, is we have too many perennial losers on our team. tmac, yao, chuck, rafer, et al have never won on the big stage. there's a lot to be said for the experience of "been there done that."

4. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Watching last year's version, it was pretty awful. I went to school in SA and most fans just felt bad that he was washed up and couldn't help the team. They kinda felt sorry for him.

5. Houston22

Houston22 Member

he will return in great shape

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I'll say this, if Clifford Robinson can play til age 40 for defensive and outside shooting purposes, then DEFINITELY Robert Horry deserves a chance to play and go out on his own terms.

7. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Big Shot Rob has some sentimental value. But his shot is gone. Not enough quickness to stay on the court and be effective. Bye bye Big Shot. I bet Morey wont give u a call.

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I watched Horry last year, as he is still my fav player. His shot was gone, but he still defended well and made nice clutch plays. Go watch when they beat the Hornets....he was on the court in some key moments making nice little plays that don't show up in the boxscore. Yeah, he can't play extended minutes but I would still rather have him than Chuck Hayes.

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Yes to Horry!

Remember, we already know how to win in the regular season comfortably. So we need to be able to achieve in the playoffs right? Horry provides exactly that. Don't depend on him to put up 20-10, but expect him to give us the win! Which is the most important thing!!!

Horry is A+++ in terms of intangibles...

10. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

Oh, right. How silly of me to think 26% from 3pt last year is not worth it.

11. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

If the Houston Rockets do not pick up Robert Horry for the league minimum, they are mentally insane.

Daryl morey do you know anything about karma? About clutch? About the rockets?

About vernon?

About sammy?

About the third quarter of game 1 v orlando 1995?

About
    The
    Houston
    Rockets?

Some things are temporal and lame:

EG. The blue unforms.

Some things are temporal but awesome

EG. Dancing Barry

Somethings are eternal but horrible:

EG. Rockets local sponsor TV ads.

Somethings are eternal and beautiful

EG. Robert Horry.

Bring back the only man we can who has played in the Red and Gold glory uniforms.

Anyone think we could use a little je ne sais quoi sur les rochets?

Je pense que Hellz Yes.

ROBERT HORRY

12. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

AMEN.

We need a 'winner' on this team. If he wants to come for the Vets min and has ANY game left at all, I think we'd be fools to not do it.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

plus he'll be a good mentor, the best role player of all time.
    our role players don't have a role model with credentials are high as Hancocks.

he's respected by world leaders.

[​IMG]

14. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

mutombo's a good enough mentor, mentors are overrated anyway, it's not like he's a troubled kid.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Channeling some tinman there.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he doesn't have the clutch abilities of horry yet, only those who carry the sword of 94 have the powers bestowed to them by god himself.

17. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

I saw Horry at Champs for Celts vs. Lakers Game 1....I told him not to quit and that he had one more season in him. Id put him on the roster.

18. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree. Horry has a swagger and that missing playoff moxy that no one on the rocket team even knows about. I would sign him in a heartbeat, it's all about the playoffs and he's a big that can drag an opposing big to the 3pt line when closing out games, he plays smart defense and he's built to play with a low post threat ie.(Yao).

19. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Bring him back.

I know Novak is a lights out 3 point shooter, but he's a defensive liability.

Bring in Horry for the vet minimum, and he can give us 3's, and can play some D.

20. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Rob is in the top 20 nba.com playoff dunks eva. And he made it last year at the age of 35.