1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Horry?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tharges, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

LOL

But the thing is those two would add a lot to our team. We saw the spark Deke added the day Yao went down and during the streak. Horry could provide lockerrom leadership and would be good for the occasional clutch play. Besides, it'll be an odd year next year, he's been apart of the last 4 championships of those years. :D

2. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Easy there...

3. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

If he signs for the LLE or vets minimum then i don't see what the problem would be.

I'd challenge somebody to find a player better than him, willing to sign here for that little. That just gives us an opening to use some of our other assets to trade for a better player.

4. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Sign him up.

A big who can pass the ball, especially the entry pass.

He can hit the 3 to create more space for Yao.

He's still got a little left to make an effort on defense.

He's got the experience on his resume.

He'd be a perfect fit on this team

5. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Bring back Horry AND Cassell :D

6. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Horry is like a championship magnet. Lets sign him up it won't hurt anyways.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

he hasn't been able to fly for quite some time... ;)

9. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

omg bring him here he has been to the second round every year i think

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

id love to have him back but at who's expense?

signing rob for the min means cutting 3 guys to go down to 15.

11. JayLau910

JayLau910 Member

it'd be nice to see him in a rockets uniform his last season ... and with all the luck he brings (championships and at the very least that 'never not gotten outta first round' stat), i'd say sure. but then again, he probably doesn't have much purpose on our team other than mentoring them youngins. who knows ...

12. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

Hell no. he doesn't play defense anymore and is not productive. Sure he can pass into the post the 3 minutes a game he plays. Waste of time, the guy does nothing anymore. We need to develop our young talent now, not mess with the nostalgic, superstitious pick. And he is NOT a hall of famer.

13. Homey the Clown

Horry is done. He didn't do $hit for the Spurs last season. The '06-'07 season was his last decent season. The only thing he's good for now is fouling..and we have Chuck Hayes for that.

14. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

No he should go to a different team that will contend and win it all to continue the streak in which a former, current or future Rocket wins a NBA championship ring (currently at 20 straight years...)

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I say do it. We need our version of a Scalabrine, whose head/tummy we can rub for good luck.

16. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

If he is chaep enough than HELL yes, do it. This guy is a real winner, especially in the playoffs - he is not afraid and he is clutch, when it comes to big shots.

We need guys like that, veteran who can contribute well during playoffs.

17. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Totally agree, but I say only take him if he REALLY wants to come back. Even though he, as well as Cassell, have said they want to end their career where they started over the years, but nothing is substantial. They say it, so maybe one day the Rockets will take them but I don't see either saying passionately they want to come back. It's like: Okay, you want me, for the right price i will come back home. If not, that's fine too. I hope everybody understands what I mean. That being said, I like the guy to come back and contribute some minutes at SF, he can school Greene too :)
    However, I don't see it happen because the Rockets will probably put him on the inactive list until late in the season so he can get some playing time before helping us in the playoffs. I don't think Horry will accept that, since he can get at least some minutes with the Spurs. This also comes down to the fact, he doesn't REALLY want to be here and rather plays and get more money than sit on the bench here in Houston. We have to be realistic and get it out of our heads that Horry, nor Cassell, will come back home.

18. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Horry Wants Another NBA Championship Ring

Forward Robert Horry has ruled out retirement and wants to return to the NBA for a 17th season. Included in his reasons is to add to his collection of NBA Championship rings which stands at seven. Only six NBA players have won more in league history.

Horry will become a free agent July 1.

"I don't want to retire, especially after a year like I had last year," Horry said. "I know I could have had a better year. The year started off crazy for me with family issues and then it ended crazy for me getting hurt right at the end of the season.

"I didn't get a full season in like I wanted to see if it's really time for me to retire. My last game I want to walk off the court sweating, My last game so far I walked off the court with a DNP (did not play) and I don't want it to happen that way."

Horry said he would like to return to the San Antonio Spurs where he spent the last five seasons and if that's not possible then he would like to go to the Houston Rockets where he played his first four seasons in the league.

"My pecking order is I will contact San Antonio of course, then Houston" Horry said. "Orlando and New Orleans are tied. Since I have a relationship with (Hornets head coach) Byron Scott, I probably will pick New Orleans third and then Orlando and then Dallas."

Horry acknowledges it would be fun to finish his career with the Rockets.

"Playing with Yao and Tracy would be like playing with Shaq and Kobe," Horry said.

Horry said his desire to continue playing is not about making more money.

"It's not about breaking the bank," Horry said. "I just want the minimum. I've made enough money.

"I just like being with the guys and competing and having fun."

Horry, known as "Big Shot Bob", for the many times he has won games with crucial shots, is proud of the fact that only six players in NBA history have won more championship rings than him.

"That's one of the things I always wanted to do throughout my career, prove people wrong," Horry said. "Coming out of high school Dick Vitale called me the most overrated high school player in the country. (I) proved him wrong.

"Getting booed by the fans here, (draft night in Houston), proved them wrong. Played 16 years in the league so far, been on great teams and make people better around me. That's been a great thrill."

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/p...n=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=6.1.1

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Just say no. Horry was so fat and out of shape last season it hurt me to look at him.

20. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Well I'm sure that we are going to package some players and picks to get a Reliable third scorer like artest, wallace, or someone so it will happen on its own.