1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Horry, Retired?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Albert Einstain

why doesn't morey sign the former rocket horry who has ton of playoffs experience and seven championship rings. I suggest him search for a 1-3 trade or a 3-nothing trade to clear our roster space for horry and deke whose experiences will be gonna help us in the deep post season games.
    More importantly, we don't have a big roster who is fit for adelman's systerm. in adelman's attacking systerm, the big guys should play the most important role in pointing the team at high post. the center or PF stands out side the three point line and the rival's center or PF has to follow him to the high post and leave their paint for our guards to break into. However, if Shaq stands with the ball outside the three point line, will yao ming follow him? No, because shaq can hardly hit the three unless the God helps him. Then, what if it was Okur instead of Shaq? That's just why it always seems quite difficult for rockets to beat the Jazz, as we see, we played six games againest jazz when yao is sidelined. Despite the two lossing games where rafer is absent, we tied jazz with 2-2, three of which were away games. It seemed we performered a little bit better in the games againest jazz when yao is outside the court, then why? becasue scola was able to follow okur as his blur.

In the offensive end, no of our pf or c can hit the three(hayes n dorsey can not even hit any shot at all). as a result, it is too hard for our breakers to break in even for tmac and rafer who are top level breaking-in rosters. Horry just has the ability to hit three from any range at any position. it doesn't matter whether his three pt rate is good or bad, it's enough just to be able to hit the three. he can hit and the rival's bigers have to follow him off the paint even if he just hit one out of ten.

2. engr chris

engr chris Member

Deke or Rob?

You guys choose

3. Rocketsxbully

Rocketsxbully Member

take it for what its worth, but i work at best buy in katy, and robert was in the store last week, i asked him about this coming season, he said he was about done and will most likely retire.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so I take it this thread, which is basically just an article announcing that Robert Horry is 'retired' and hanging out in Katy TX, but has not signed his retirement papers is offensive to some people.

Obviously its about me, cause I can't imagine a real Rockets fan who hates Robert Horry.

1. You hate tinman
    2. You hate the Rockets Championships
    3. You hate Katy Texas and Robert Horry letting some dudes win in a pick up game cause he's cool like that.

4. Oh if this is the end, 16 years - ALWAYS MADE IT PAST THE FIRST ROUND

5. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

no need for him

6. tinman

Supporting Member

again,
    this is not a poll. This is an article stating Robert Horry's NBA status.

he is 'retired' but has not signed his papers.

7. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

if horry coming here means championship, then let's do it.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

so when you went home that day, did you know realize that guy never failed in the 1st round in 16 years? did he wear all his rings?

9. zilches

zilches Member

I can't stand Horry. His cheap shot on Nash will always override his clutch shots. Not only is he washed up, but he is a cheap shot who threw a whole series. None of this guy, thank you very much.

10. lengyinian

lengyinian Member

虽然看的不是很懂,但还是要赞一个 ;)

11. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I'd like to bring him in in february or march, that's about the time he starts caring about the season anyway.

I think he could be a service-able back-up center if the Rockets don't bring back Deke.

12. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I would sign Horry in a heartbeat, especially with the midgets the rockets have at the 4 spot and their inability to shoot the 3 ball. I guess it would be a bad thing to bring in a 7 time NBA champion, probably one one of the most clutch playoff players in NBA history with incredible moxxy and let him hang around T-Mac and Yao.

13. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Not that I want Horry, but he would be our second tallest player if Deke doesn't make his way back to the team. For the vet's minimum, I'd leave the door open for him.

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

back in the day that would just be a little bump but in today's league of overreacting and protecting stars it was blown way out of proportion. besides it wasnt like Horry was the man who then ran over to the suns bench and dragged amare and diaw off the bench to get suspended.

you say its a cheap shot i say its a crafty move by a veteran which helped his team win the series and ultimately the championship that year.

For example: if Landry laid a hit like that last year against ronny price and boozer and korver came off the bench to get suspended for a game 6 which helped the rockets win the series I would praise Landry to no end.

Its all about advancing in the playoffs Horry didnt hurt anyone (Nash was not hurt there it was just a bump) in that case. Horry knows how to advance in the playoffs something that is lacking in our two superstars right now.

as for you feeling that his "cheap shot" ruins a career of historic playoff performances and numerous clutch shots...I'm sure if you polled all the GMs of playoffs teams if they would want a guy like Horry on their team they all would wholeheartedly agree.

If Horry does decide to play 1/2 a season for a contender come february I hope that we are on the list of possible suitors and he comes back home.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

if this is truly the end of Robert Horry's career, then we (its a minority of us now) salute him for what has done for us and the NBA.

We questioned his heart and hesitancy to shoot open jumpers when he was first here. Now he has turned that question to answers and championships.

while he may have not turned into Scottie Pippen, which for some reason we wanted. he turned into something better, Big Shot Rob, a hero.

Later we learn the lesson that Scottie Pippen wasn't all that he was cracked up to be and is viewed as a villian.

When you go to LA, Houston, and San Antonio, just look up at the banners. You see Robert Horry.

16. raw10628

raw10628 Contributing Member

Haha....a friend of mine saw Horry in a strip club on the NW side of town a couple weeks ago. He asked him if he was going to finish his career here and he said no, he's likely done. Forgot about that until seeing this thread.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

NW side?
    Horry must have bought a home in Katy. Is Katy a better place than Sugarland now?

18. Rocketsxbully

Rocketsxbully Member

not once did i say i hated the man and he never accomplished anything great.

just puttin that little bit of info i got out on the table since the people on this board think its not credible unless you have a pic of yourself with the said player. we chatted for a bit, and i asked him what his plans for the season were, horry is a great guy, one of the more down to earth players that shops at the store i work at.

no need to try and belittle me because i posted something semi worthy

19. tinman

Supporting Member

how was that belittling?

I posted what I would have thought

I would be in awe in realizing that he NEVER FAILED to make the 2nd round and all his championships.

and never did I say you HATED him or implied that he thought he didn't do anything great.

20. Rocketsxbully

Rocketsxbully Member

i must have read it and took it the wrong way then :cool: for that i apologize for being on the offense

the first time i met him i admit i was nervous, because the guy is a beast, but the more players i get to know from working at the store, the easier it is to not think of them as "celebrities" and get star struck

yao used to shop in my store all the time until he was followed home and moved, grr

hakeem was in there earlier in the year, i only saw him drive off in his rolls royce