1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rip Hamilton: Buyout?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket River, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Freelance writer Dave Hogg who often covers the Pistons:

Rip will be gone about 20 minutes after the sale is finalized. #buyout

I followed up to ask whether he was reporting or predicting. Hogg’s response:

@PistonPowered Educated guess.

http://www.pistonpowered.com/2011/0...will-buy-out-richard-hamilton-this-afternoon/

“The one guy to keep an eye on is Rip Hamilton. The Celtics definitely want him but the question is whether he is going to be bought out. The situation, from what I’m hearing in Detroit, they have to find some kind of solution to that. I can’t see them keeping him. “The problem is, he’s got two years on his deal after this year. It’s beyond fixing. Rip and the coach (John Kuester) don’t see eye-to-eye. It’s just gone too far. I think the franchise knows they have to move on. There’s even been some talk about Rip being open to giving back some money just so he can get out of there.”

“For him to get out of that situation, go to Boston, come off the bench and kind of revive his career, that might help his longevity in the league long term. It’d certainly be a financial hit for him though.”

_______

Still does not explain the Perkins Trade

other reports seem to say the Pistons won't resign Prince either

Rocket River

2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I figured Chicago would go after him when they realized they weren't going to get OJ Mayo. I wonder who he'll go to if the buyout is possible.