1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rio Grande Valley Vipers 2012-2013 game thread

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by tamericus, Nov 23, 2012.

1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Not really, D-Mo is a finesse player, he has more moves in his repertoire than most big man in the league. His moves are actually extremely polished at such a young age.

2. teebone21

teebone21 Member

I saw that missed dunk in the last game on fast break. Dmo has lower vertical than asik smh

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

these guys are brain dead.......nobody, including machado, has gotten the ball to d-mo in the past 10min......poor guy is posting up, coming out to the arc, coming to set picks in the hopes of getting a kick out....but noooo.....these jackasses just go 1on1 without fail..

1 person likes this.
  4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I just saw D-Mo do a behind the back fake for a layup on a fastbreak. That was impressive for a 7 footer.

1 person likes this.
  5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I don't know why they are using Motiejunas as a penetration threat from the 3pt line so much. That's not likely to work in the NBA. He's playing like Harden out there sometimes.
    Also, they need to focus on teaching him how to set a screen properly.

6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

another general observation based on these two games -- someone has to tell Machado that it's legal to grab a rebound when it drops near him.

7. w00t

w00t Member

Well at least this game he seems to focus more on rebounding instead running around pressing guards all the time :grin:

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

which is why Morey's "NBDL > best teams in college" statement would probably get blown away if those teams actually played each other. A lot of talent, but it looks ugly at times.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this crap is ymca-esque.....and one more thing, machado is no where near being able to play pro-ball right now....not sure what the front office saw in him....he lacks the offensive game and maturity to play PG in the bigs

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Adrien has 29-13 atm.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't know that I agree about him being a poor rebounder exactly, I think he would probably rebound better than 2Pat at least. But agreed about his defensive problems. I guess being 7 feet tall helps a bit?

In any case, I really want to see him up with the Rockets getting rotation minutes.

12. onreego

onreego Member

I'd like to see him get rotation minutes too but with those guys ahead of him at the 4 I fear the coaches will try to use him as a 5, which is not where he should be used. Unless, of course, it is to matchup with a small lineup.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Softiejunas outplayed by Jeff Adrien.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What do you expect? It's Jeff freakin' Adrien.;)

16. clos4life

clos4life Member

I actually watched the game. Nobody was passing the ball to DMo even though he was doing everything possible. He kept setting picks, running to his spots, rebounding. Nope, everyone was selfishly jacking up shots.

DMo could have had at least 10 more points if the team was not full of ball hogs.

1 person likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A few inches taller and Adrien would actually stick on a roster

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

DMo still needs to work on his rebounding. He boxes out half the time, which isn't bad, but occasionally watches his teammates grab rebounds around the rim. He needs to start rebounding like his life depends on it.

The guy makes a lot of winning plays, though. He's just so talented. Tonight he handled the ball on the break at full sprint and did a ball fake to score. How many seven footers can pull off a move like that? I can't wait for him to earn a spot in the rotation.

20. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Man what an ugly game