1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ricky Rubio Highlights vs Utah Jazz (21-01-12) HD

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SidDaKid, Jan 22, 2012.

1. SidDaKid

SidDaKid Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-f6qpvpFm5Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This guy is truly unbelievable. He is definitely going to have a career along the lines of Steve Nash.

Favorite pass: 1:08

P.S. How do you embed videos into posts?

2. spydermex

spydermex Member

when youre on youtube, click share, then click embed, it will generate a code that you can copy and paste on a post.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-f6qpvpFm5Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

His no look passes are so sweet

With a killer jumpshot he can better than Nash

4. Akim523

Akim523 Member

He's got superstae potential

5. Shrimz

Shrimz Member

I'll admit I was a doubter. But damn I'm glad I was wrong. dude is impressive. I'm really starting to like this timberwolve team

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

By the numbers, Nash is probably the greatest three point shooter of all time - I'm goiing to guess Rubio ends up south of that.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Rubio's passes all end up on finishing opportunities, there are no NBA help assists here, they are flat out scoring chances.

Kid is special.

DD

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Nash is not the right comparison. Nash may be the greatest shooter in NBA history.

9. passdarock

passdarock Member

Nothing more to say than...he can ball.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The thing that I like about Rubio is his patience, it takes a long time for some players to learn to slow down and set things up, he gets that at a very early age, change of direction, changing speeds, look offs......

And more importantly the ability to put the ball on time in a spot in which the receiver doesn't have to think just has to finish.

Man, I wish Morey could have gotten this guy...

DD

11. passdarock

passdarock Member

To add on, he has the ability to make others on his team better players. The ability to see the court and breakdown the defense so effortlessly give his team the best shot available. Overall, he makes basketball fun to watch and he seems to have fun out there.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Another proof of Morey's talent evaluation power. Morey was trying to trade up to draft this guy when everybody was saying Rubio wouldn't be much (too slow, too soft, can't shoot, etc.) in the NBA.

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

not sure if Rubio will ever be the shooter that Nash is...I mean Nash has one footed off balance jumpshots go in like layups while Rubio at least right now his mechanics have him always shoot where his feet are always set and his release is slower than nash's. If Rubio becomes the shooter that Jason Kidd became later in his career -- then there is no limit what this kid can do once he starts putting it all together. His defense actually isnt that bad at all and he just sees the floor so well.

I mean the most impressive pass to me was the alley oop to Derrick Williams to lob an over the shoulder alley oop to a person behind you and have it be right on the money? Thats just unreal and he makes it look easy.

Wolves have an excellent core in Rubio and Love, if they can move some of the logjam they have at the wing position for some talent elsewhere and with Adelman on the bench? The team has a very bright future. Just imagining Adelman's system with Rubio and probably the best big man passer (imo) in Love since Webber and Vlade.

Just makes the Rockets situation a bit more depressing :(

14. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Rubio will never shoot like Nash. Very few ever will.

But Rubio can do things Nash couldn't: rebound and defend.

15. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

He's closer to Kidd than he is to Nash..very impressive

16. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

it's so much fun to watch this guy.... i wish he becomes a rocket and retires a rocket. ;)

17. yobod

yobod Member

Not the shooter Nash is and not the rebounder Kidd is.

He's a nice combination of the two though.

18. Dei

Dei Member

He can penetrate like a superstar. I didn't know that.