1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rick Adelman's quotes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by michecon, Apr 22, 2009.

1. joesr

joesr Member

isnt that what everyone is mad at the coach for? combination of players?

I seemed to noticed everytime Yao gets more physical and attacks the fronting he gets called for a foul.....all the time. Yeah lets foul out or play smart with the refs, you choose. I know my choice.

Umm, I cant even count all the threads started about brooks and Ron not passing to Yao when does have position.

2. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

3. Pringles

Pringles Member

But b****ing about the coach is getting old.

4. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Yeah that's pretty cliche too after every loss.

5. michecon

It takes ..time...to establish position with the way game is called on Yao. Of course, Brooks threw the ball to the other direction just as Yao was about to have position. You can easily spot that on tape.

6. michecon

How's showing his own words getting old? It's called post-game quotes.

7. ibm

ibm Member

i wanted to debunk this post. but can't quite do it after reading it two times.

is there anything wrong in this post?

8. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

you are no difference from a couple of posters here who blamed all on ra. you went to the other end and blamed all on yao. you blah blah blah but you even don't know nba rules during hakeem time. there is a rule called illegal defense. please search it and find what it is. otherwise, be quiet and listen other posters talking.

9. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

double edge

10. PointForward

PointForward Member

I don't like calling people idiots, but I think I'll make an exception..

meanwhile, I'd like to direct your attention to post #35, in which I personally explain what the illegal defense rule is..

I hope the "Agg" in your moniker doesn't stand for the Aggies, because your ignorance makes me sad that I am an Aggie..

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the easiest way to beat the zone is having a consistent midrange game (which yao can develop b/c he has that ability) and increase his dominance at the high post (which adelman tried to do with yao to start last yr and failed).

if yao can do those 2 things, he can negate the fronting and doing his work outside. when he does his thing there, go back into the post and dare them to front again.

12. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

every poster here forgot one thing. did anyone notice what is rox fg% last nite? it is 50%, up from 45% in the regular season. tell me why suddenly every rox player besides yao became such good shooter when jailblazers played very physically on the defense end.

coz we lost, so no one paid attention on these details and only concentrated on pointing finger on someone.

but i saw the improvement on solving the swarming defense jailblazers put on yao. yao had huge impact and created alot easy and open looks for his teammates even w/o touching the ball. those easy and open looks were taken by his teammates so their fg% was improved. when his teammates make high % shots, yao doesn't need to score coz it would be same whether he scores or others as long as shots are made with high %.

relatively speaking, our defense was not good. jailblazers shot 50%. i don't think you would say our defense were good. of coz, i can't explain why our defense was not up to the bar. it could be roy and aldridge had a good nite like yao had 100% in 1st game but you expect it won't happen very often. or it may be our defense just plain and simple sucks in the last game.

13. choujie

choujie Member

You know what was the turning point of that game? In that 3rd quarter possesion, Yao completely sealed Przybilla under the basket, but Artest launched a half way open 3 pointer, which he couldn't make all day, and clanked. Then Yao got called a BS offensive foul fighting for rebound and had to leave the court.

There were several other possesions Yao could have got the ball in scoring position but got ignored. I don't even want to say who's fault is that, but those possesions were certainly not Yao's, he did what he supposed to do, but still couldn't get the ball.

It takes a collective effort to get Yao the ball, that inculde Yao himself, his teammates and RA. Last game, his teammates certainly didn't do a good job looking at Yao, and RA certainly didn't do his part of job to make sure that happened. Yao should be more outspoken, bark at his teammates on the court as well. JVG would pull any player not named Tmac out if he continues to ignore Yao. But RA wouldn't.

14. fogo11606

fogo11606 Member

Artest can't defend quick crafty player. Player like Roy have to be guarded by Battier. Because smart defender will stop you from getting good position driving into the lane.

15. bayern0906

bayern0906 Member

Yeah,our defense is so bad that Roy got 42 pts in the game!

16. choujie

choujie Member

The thing I'm more concerned about Ra's quotes is he didn't even mention defense. That is the biggest reason why Rockets lost the game.

Battier did a much better job on Roy than Artest with the way that game was being called, yet in crucial moments, RA put Artest on him again and got burned.

17. HookemHorns1250

I agree with a lot of your post, but the only thing I'd like to mention is how you said Hakeem never had trouble with it. There's a reason why he didn't have as much trouble because he is quicker and more athletic than Yao. Makes it easier to slide in front of your man.

18. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i didn't go through all posts. the post i responsed is clearly nonsense when it is on yao. but i APOLOGIZE for not reading your #35 post.

however, in #35, you still didn't get things all right. yao was constantly fronted with mixing hard double team with soft double team. if not hard double team, there was always a help defender sneaking into the back of yao to prevent rox from lobing. the help defender may be 5+ feet away from yao but it doesn't mean there wasn't a help defender ready for double teaming yao. i don't know how did you miss the help defender if jailblazers didn't throw hard double team on yao. it was the reason rox was hesitate to throw lobs.

if a defender determines to front you w/o concerning about wide open lane, he will have no problem to get in front of you no matter how strong you are coz you can't hold him behind you. it is illegal. the reason you don't see it often is coz it requires a lot energy and it makes the defense very vulnerable.

19. ibm

ibm Member

good post.

a little bit of both imo, with the former being a bit more of a factor.

20. choujie

choujie Member

True. It was illegal defense back in old days. The 2nd defender a few steps away was also able to block Yao out on offensive when a shot is missing, and that also left Scola open many times.

Too bad Scola couldn't make that mid range jumper he normally makes last night.