1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rick Adelman's Circle of Trust

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 13, 2007.

1. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

Keep your snake in your cage for 24 hours :D

2. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Agree with the OP, and I don't think someone like Luis Scola is on the bubble at all -- in fact I'd venture to say the only reason Chuck got more PT last night was because he matched up better against Detroit's bigs, and was especially needed to contain Maxiell who was just all over the boards.On the other hand, Scola is probably much closer to entering the starting lineup than being "on the bubble".

As for Mike James, I think at this point he has been pretty much replaced in the rotation by Luther Head. He's going to be getting a lotta DNPs, and even more if he doesn't get his act together.

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I don't know why anyone should think Luis is on the bubble. If not for fouls last night he would have gotten more minutes. That's the only reason Chuck came back in for him earlier than necessary.

It helped that Chuck was able to match up a bit better on those bigs, but Scola would have gotten more minutes I am sure.

I think both Mike and Francis will have to earn more PT again. I don't know if its a circle of trust so much as a "make your dang shots and you can play".

We know that they both can perform, they've done it in the past, but right now.. its just not happening. Heck, they both shown signs of it during this season, so we know the ability is there. They just have to be consistent. Luther right now is showing more consistency which is why he's getting the PT.

Honestly I think he deserved it after the Philly game. He and Luis both are what kept that game from being a total loss.

4. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

At the very least, Head is the best 3-point shooter on the team, thus, I"m glad he's replaced MJ/Steve in the rotation for now at the point. It's a shortened up rotation, and I still think that there's still room for SF or MJ, but not both. Head is too important for his 3-pt shooting, and he slashing a lot more, which is good. He will get his pocket picked by pure point guards from time to time, however.

5. zong

zong Member

A good job for Rick A. Play the players who are playing well rather than using the same roation every night, that is a way that a great coach is doing.

6. BigRox11

BigRox11 Member

There is a good reason why this guy got traded around the league and no team wants to keep him for more than a year or two.

7. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Francis could have gotten a value sized meal at Mickey D's in an addition to what we paid him had he signed somewhere else, but you are basically right about Francis. Mike James...I just need to stop.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Interesting . . .two ok games and Francis is garbage [esp with T-mac giving a half *ss effort]
    but
    we can Hail rafer as THE ONE after a slew of brick games?
    I'm sorry but when we went on the losing streak was it SF that was the PG???
    What was the excuse there? Who's fault was that losing streak?
    I mean . . I recall some games where Bonzi was 1-for some too high number

If Adelman has a circle of trust
    I wonder what is it based on . . cause Inconsistance is the hallmark
    of this team
    not just SF and MJ

Rocket River

9. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Hubie Brown also reaffirmed my view on this team (and should also be a realization point for other Rocket fans too): we are NOT really running the genuine Princeton offense. Why? Like many others have expected-we just don't simply have the type of players. (Hint: we have a 7'5 guy running the floor a lot) That and the new "system," as Bonzi said it himself, takes years to learn and adapt too.