1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rick Adelman on why Terrence Williams isn't in the rotation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 25, 2011.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I am simply explaining to you why he played them. If I was arguing, I would sound way meaner. ;)

2. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

I'm really not sure what else to say to you here. If you think CBud is the worst player on the team, that's one thing. But to say he's total garbage, that's another.

I agree that he had regressed from last season to the beginning of this one. However, over the season to date he's actually been rebounding, assisting and blocking slightly more this season with fewer minutes than he got last season. The only thing that's regressed was his insane 3PT shooting percentage, which has dropped his FG% down as well. Heck, his FT% is even 6 points higher than last season. Nearly every aspect of his game has seen an improvement, except his 3PT%.

Yes, you and I are both entitled to our opinions. But the facts are the facts. A statistical comparison of his game last year to this year show that his game is at worst, just as good/bad as last season's. And I've seen CBud play much better than like garbage this season. You may watch all the games you can, but for some reason, you're just overlooking CBud's actual value.

In fact, I take back anything I said about your obsession about TWill. That was wrong of me, as I'm not that familiar with you. But you have to admit, there's something keeping you from seeing this. I don't know if your expectations were so high of him entering this season that when he came in and fell flat that you decided to make up your mind right then and there, or what. But SOMETHING is blinding you. Something is making you think that he's garbage when he isn't.

3. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Like I said, you have your opinions and I have mine. To me a player that makes it 4v5 on the defensive end and bricks open shots as well as stand around instead of constantly looking for cuts to slash inside is garbage no matter what his stats are saying. This is my opinion just like you have your opinion of how good Bud is. I could go further and say that in my opinion, it is not me who is blinded by his value, but that you overvalue him. However, again this is just opinions. To me, Bud has no business being out there right now and every minute he is out there is a minute less for a better player to play. This makes him garbage and we don't need any garbage.

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

You would think that after so many on this board questioning Adelman about not playing Francis, McGrady, and Hill, to name a few, that people would learn. I guess not.

Coaches are paid to win games, not run basketball camps during them. If Daryl wants the latter, he needs to extend the coach first and then ask him to quit caring about success. But I don't think he wants that.

5. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

The basis for your opinion of Chase appears to be that he has 'regressed TERRIBLY' from last season. I've shown you that not only has he not regressed in 'every other aspect of his game', but he's actually gotten slightly better with fewer minutes. He's doing the same things this season he was doing last season.

Let's not confuse fact with opinion.

I have gained something out of this back and forth with you, though. Your definition of 'total garbage' is indeed completely different from mine.

Now, I hope you enjoy the game tonight. And from one Rocket fan to another, Go Rockets! :)

6. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Like I said, his ineffectiveness doesn't seem to show up on the box score, but when I am watching the game, I see him trying to rotate to the right guy and trying to defend, but he is typically to slow getting over or the opposing guy blows past him. Sure he can grab a few boards here and there and block a few shots due to his ups, but overall, it feels simply like futility. Not to mention, his only real role is to make shots and cut to the rim for easy points, neither of which he is doing. Maybe garbage is too hard in the sense of the word. To me, garbage means useless towards his purpose. To me, he fits that bill. Like I said though, this is all opinions and perception. To me, he is not nearly the same person he was last year and RA needs to sit his ass down.

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It's because when someone doesn't play many minutes, it takes a while for opposing teams to figure out players strengths and weaknesses, that Chase is one of the worst defenders in the nba (and may well be the worst) and that even your 15th man can take him for easy points in an iso is something they've all now figured out.

and use over and over and over, even on the rare occasions his shooting touch is on, he's barely a net positive because of how many easy shots his man will get.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

why is lowry still out in brooks in?

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

I guess Rick Adelman was a genius as well for waiting until just before the all star break before giving Patterson some playing time.

What about now, Lowry and Brooks are stinking it up and T-will and Lee are still sitting on the bench.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Is Terrence Williams the new Anthony Randolph?

..or is Rick Adelman the new D'antoni? It's hard to tell which is which. Is this a new trend in the league? Keeping young promising athletes buried on the bench half the season? This can't be a good thing. This is the main reason why i think they are going to trade Williams. Maybe they are waiting until he can be included in a package deal? What do you all think?

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Yea, I wish they would let him play. Trade Budinger and give those minutes too Twill... Bud is not bad, but does very little other than shoot well(and pass a little.)

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Rick is comfortable with his rotation & the results he's getting. SO WHEN IS THE NFL DRAFT?

13. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

he has no trade value right now. no one has seen him play and that includes us fans. why would you trade him now that his stock is worthless. terrible idea. i could be wrong, but thats a poor business move if it happens. unless of course we are getting a mega stud.

which i doubt

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I believe the 17th of Feb. is the day he can be included in a package deal. I'm thinking thats what Morey is waiting on. He does have some trade value because of his play last season.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

C'mon MOD, you shouda let me roll with that one. That was a great title. :grin:

16. Gucci_Ochocinco

On a T-Will related note: I just downloaded the D-League app for my iPhone and it has the league leaders as one of the features... Terrance Williams is #1 in points, rebounds, and assists!

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Terrence should go to the D-league now while there is still time to return during the season. I'm not sure how many games they have left, but i'm sure with what he knows about the system already, it would benefit him to actually get playing time. In a couple of weeks he could get in 4 to 5 games.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wish Adlman would stop pretending that our players are playing well...

Terrence deserves a shot.

19. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Don't see the sense, he was down there already and he dominated. We need to find out if he can be consistent in the NBA.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It's not about him being NBA ready or him dominating. It's not about any type of punishment or anything like that either. It's about him getting some actual playing time to learn the system on the fly. I'm talking just 3-5 full games just to get the flow of defense and offense. It could do nothing but benefit him and the team in the end.