1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rice whips UH basketball by 10

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bigtexxx, Jan 31, 2013.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

So I'm not sure if anybody has followed Rice basketball, but we lost basically all our good players except our point guard last year. We had massive defections from our best players who transferred to other schools. So we're left with 8 scholarship players, and absolutely no height. We'd admittedly a terrible basketball team.

yet we still whipped UH and all their star studded recruits last night by 10 points.

This just further cements how badly Rice owns the UH athletic department. In baseball it's simply not even close, and baseball is probably UH's best sport these days. Rice has won something like 24 of the last 26 games. We just whipped UH in basketball last night, and in football Rice won a bowl game while UH twiddled their thumbs after a losing record on the season.

I'm thoroughly enjoying coogfans this morning!

*snort*

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Wrong forum.

3. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

It's true you are DOMINATING the all time series in Football something like 11 wins vs 28 losses and in basketball with this win ya'll have won like 15 out of 60.

Kudos to the Rice baseball team though (PING). Ya'll actually lead that series....too bad nobody knows about it. I went to a Super Regional against LSU one year and it was basically a home game for LSU since only 12 Rice Students showed up. Hopefully they were all home studying, and not schtupping those ugly girls.

4. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Hey, it's not our fault we actually have selective admission and an academic standard, keeping a small school instead of letting any dumb-ass with a pulse in. ;)

And one of those girls happen to be my beautiful girlfriend of 4 years so watch it sir.

5. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

O.k, Rice girls are homely with the exception of kevC's girlfriend and Isabel....better?

6. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

They have girl students at Rice?

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yes, they beat UH.

Congratulations to bigtexxx. You've done well.

1 person likes this.
  8. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Does Rice have Cullen?! I don't think so, driving on Cullen is an experience like no other.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I went to a rice basketball game last year.

The lone star community college beat them by 15 points in some abandoned hidden warehouse.

10. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

But obamas still president

1 person likes this.
  11. The Drake

The Drake Member

Clown bigtexxx and Rice all you like, but this is a hilariously embarassing loss for UH.

Will yall get rid of Dickey before starting play in the Big East? If he can't get it done in CUSA, not sure he's going to fare better in the BE.

12. The Drake

The Drake Member

LOL you are way too riled up for 7:15 in the morning

13. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Dickey sucks. They need to get some young blood in the coaching department when the next Kevin Garnett " Chicken Knowles" arrives next season to give Daniel House some help.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

When Penders resigned, I was hoping they'd bring someone exciting in to try and bring back the ol' Phi Slamma Jamma days. Restore their great tradition.

When I heard it was Dickey.......just a horrible hire.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

What's funny, is that whenever UT or UH beats Rice in something (which happens a lot), none of their fans care whatsoever. Yet when Rice wins Rice fans like bigtexx celebrate and try to rub it in. The bar is much lower for Rice.

16. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Exactly. It'll be like the Astros celebrating the season because they didn't lose 100 games.

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

He did admit in the op that their basketball team is terrible.

So it is a big win for them. And embarrassing loss for uh.

18. The Drake

The Drake Member

UT sure, but go back and read some Rice vs UH game threads, particularly in football.

19. ptR91

ptR91 Member

20. SK34

SK34 Member

We were just talking bout this in the rec.. Nobody at UH understands how UH lost to freaking rice.