1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rice and Mo - What are they doing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mack, Jul 14, 2002.

1. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

That's exactly the impression I got last offseaon. He was extremely excited about playing in Houston after he signed his contract, and was working his ass off. My excitement for the season dropped significantly when I heard Mo was lost for the year. I thought he was really going to show what he could do. I just wonder whether he's still going to have problems after such a serious injury.

And I gotta admit it, part of me wants to see Mo succeed so that he increases his trade value for one of those several eastern conference teams who don't have a power forward worth a damn.

2. Stevie Francis

Don- they are just messing around, personally i have no idea where that 165 came from. So i ignored it and replied to the important stuff.

3. Stevie Francis

Dc Kid- who would we trade him for, i think he ok to keep. Rice will be gone by the time griff is nin his contract year. An the cap will rise as well. Don't worry be happy.

4. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

No one mentioned his actual weight. He may be around 280 and they are going for 270 as playing weight. Given the fact that he has lost a bit of his "baby fat" (that's how it was put to me), it isn't hard to believe he'll be playing a bit heavier. Muscle weighs more than fat.

5. Old School

Old School Member

I'm sorta suprised to hear that since he was only given clearance to play hoops just a few weeks ago.

os

6. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Don't do him any favors.

And why in the world would you dislike KT so much?

7. Stevie Francis

because he plays dumb...And he's ugly.jk. I just feel that his broke shot needs to go to a team that needs a slasher, we have enought slashers we need shooter, to space the floor. Man i don't know, he's one of those guys you just hate for no rason.

I bet somebody is goning to say i'm a person that somebody hates for no reason.lol

8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Kenny's a slasher? Never mind the merits. You get my nomination for funniest poster.

9. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Someone who has an expiring contract. If all goes well, in a couple of years Ming, Nachbar, and Griffin will be up for big pay raises. I'm really not too big on moving Eddie to small forward just to accomodate Mo Taylor. So, if the Rockets are paying Mo 50 million to be a backup power forward, they're probably going to have cap issues. I'm not really worried about this now, but you have to think about the future a little.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If KT is traded i suspect Cato . . er. . . Mo Tay will revert to type. until Griff gets hot . .then he motivated again . . . Then when he sitting on his *ss on the bench behind Griff. . . HE'll b*tch and Moan and whine. . . . .

I feel By mid season . .. Griff will be the Starting 4.

WHO THINKS MO WILL BE HAPPY AS THE 6TH MAN?

Rocket River
    I do not.

11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

When has Mo Taylor ever shown any resemblance to Cato? He may not have the game some of you want from a power forward, or the numbers. But in his career in Houston, motivation has never been a problem. Clipper fans call him lazy, and in that atmosphere he may have been. But, in the season he played here, he was one of the better workers on our team, and an excellent fit in team chemistry. As several have said before, Mo's rebounding problems come from a lack of instinct and technique, not a lack of effort. He's out there working. And when has he ever "b*tched, moaned, and whined"?

Would he be happy as a sixth man? Who knows. But, there's not a legit reason to say he wouldn't. He's about the most coachable player on this squad. He doesn't cry out in the media for more touches or shots. He seems to have a team-first attitude, from all the quotes I've read from him. If you don't like Mo, that's fine. Not everyone even likes Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley. But dislike him because of his play, not because of his attitude. If every player on the Rockets had Mo's attitude, we'd probably be a much better team.

12. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

When has Mo been accused of being lazy? And when has he complained!? Mo had never showed any sign of complaining, even when he split minutes with KT. And considering the fact that Jeff said Mo took it personally that KT had his starting job why would he be happy being the 6th man? Mo's going to start, Griffin probably won't be a true starter for a year or 2 anyway. Mo's attitude has NEVER been a question, where is all of this talk of Mo being lazy, and being another Cato!? Griffin's not starting. He's bulked up but he's not going to be ready to start regularly.

13. tozai

tozai Member

Yes, exactly...I like Mo alot more than KT and think he fits in better with the team skill-wise and chemistry-wise as well...

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

3 words . . . WE SHALL SEE

Rocket River

15. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Mo has split minutes with KT, he has played center when he really isn't a center, taking a pounding night after night, he blew out his leg and has comeback, has worked hard to get himself into shape, and the entire time he did it with a great attitude, basically a smile, and has worked hard to come back for his teammates. He even took less money to play in Houston for a year when he could have gotten big money to play in Toronto. Why would he all of a sudden have an attitude problem? Rudy is most likely going to give Griffin minutes at all 3 frontcourt spots, so most likely Griffin won't be a full-time starter. Besides you compare him to Cato, really if Cato injured himself like this would he work this hard to come back?

16. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

I thought Sane was joking at first. Sane must be off by 100 punds.
    I think 250 pounds and 265 pounds are more like it.

17. Stylez

Stylez Member

Im a Mo T fans as well and I think he's attitude and work ethic are fine. Yeah he gained some weight after his injury but it was a torn ACL or somethink like that so he wasn't exactly able to get on the tread mill. He never complained and last year, he was on the bench virtually every game supporting the rest of the team. He really wants to be here, and as Jeff reported, he's working hard to stay here. He supports the community and has said nothing but good things about the city, the team, and the fans. Would he be happy being a 6th man? He probably wouldn't be psyched but what competitve player would be? Even then, I don't think he would make a fuss as long as he would be able to contribute to the team. I don't know who he is gonn react next year IF EG is ready but I feel confident in saying Mo is no Cato.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Cato comparison was a bit extreme!

Rocket River