1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rice and Mo - What are they doing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mack, Jul 14, 2002.

1. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

I thought they asked to play in the SPL games? I haven't seen them mentioned anywhere. Have they even been seen in the stands? They are probably the projected starters at SF and PF, and they're coming off season-ending injuries, so where are they?

2. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Mo T. doesn't look that large...I was afraid he became baby Shaq or Chuck or something.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Mo Tay has been at each of the first 3 Rockets games I've gone to in the SPL. He's been sitting on the bench with the rest of the guys. I haven't seen Rice if he's here.

And no, he's not large. He wears some baggy ass clothes, though, so it's hard to tell. When I took that pic, I was trying to get an angle to where you could tell how (not) overweight he really was. I think he's almost back in playing shape, but no telling where his conditioning is.

5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DOD, doesn't his eyes just say "I love you DOD, let's make sweet love" lol
    Just kidding

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Everybody hates you Azadre.

:)

7. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, toymancometh likes me :p

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

His lips are a little glossed aren't they fellas?:confused: Not that there is anything wrong with that...:D

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

10. Sane

Sane Member

Personally, I thought Taylor needed to lose weight ANYWAY. I think he'd be so so so much better if his playing weight was around 150lbs.

Rice just might be the X-factor to how well we do.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You do, huh? Let's see... 6'9" and 150 lbs. Yeah, I can see him dominating.

12. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Here's the scoop on Taylor. I just heard this so here's what I know.

Taylor has 10 pounds to go before he is down to his playing weight. He is working out like crazy. He apparently took it very personally that KT had his job last season and that some had suggested (some, meaning media primarily) that KT might keep the job.

I was told that Mo has been KILLING Thomas in practices. He is EXTREMELY motivated to come back strong this season. He is working his ass off.

People have been really impressed with his attitude and workouts. He seems very happy and motivated. Should be an interesting season.

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I think Shaq would be the best player ever if he could just slim down to 175. Have ya'll seen this Mr. Oneal play. He has trouble getting around in that big 300 plus pound frame. Yes he won a championship or two at that weight, but he couldn't have done it without that 115 pound young man named Kobe Bryant. Not to mention all of those other 120 pounders.

14. Sane

Sane Member

Stop being ridiculous. it's not like Mo relies on hid bulk to get points. He relies on his shooting. If he had slightly better quickness, he'd find scoring a lot easier. he's looked stocky ever since he joined our team, and apparently he was at 165. Maybe 155lbs is a better numebr.

BTW, Jeff, great news. Does this by any chance help the chances of us trading KT and someone else for depth at the 2 spot?

15. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

That's awesome, Jeff. That's what I was hoping to hear from Clutch. The competition for that spot will be intense and can only yield good results. By the trade deadline, assuming these guys all play hard for the position, we should have increased value for Mo and Kenny. I'd prefer we kept them both, but if we've got to move one the competition can only help.

And since Mo's within 10 pounds of his playing weight, any chance of a moratorium on the fat jokes?

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Wow,that would mean that Mo would be down to 270lbs and not at 285 lbs mentioned a few days ago,although I wonder how he could lose another 15lbs so quickly.It's great to hear that he is really playing so well in practice against KT.

17. Stevie Francis

thats why i said we should keep the guy no matter what, he has the attitude to be the best. And he's only 24 or 25. He would even play SF, C, or off the bench. As long as he plays in houston. Unlike KT...that ass hole. GO MO!!!

18. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Yeah then watch MoT's motivation plummit if KT leaves. But then Mo has to realize he is warming the starting four spot up for Eddie. EG is going to start late this year or next year. He is their best post man and they can't have him coming off the bench.

19. Stevie Francis

why would his motivation plummed, when he started in 00-01 he played good, and then great at the end, He's lke Francis, and cat he wants to keep improving until he can't anymore. He won't stop working. Look how far he has come along from an injury that ended several peoples careers. Mo Tay is da ****....I might change my name to Mo Tay.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I weigh 175 and I am 5'10". Maurice Taylor has never been 165 or 150 in his entire NBA career. Where does that 165 number come from? Is that 150 kilos? That would be way off as well. I'm confused???