1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ric Bucher Tweet] ** Unconfirmed ** Portland trying to get Andre Miller and Hedo?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by AggieRocketFan96, Jun 28, 2009.

1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Portland's defense is not bad at all. Last season, they were no.1 for the RPG difference and no.6 for the BPG difference.

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Turkoglu would add a whole new dimension to their team. They'd have two clutch players, two players that could create off the dribble, two players that could create for others, etc. I'd take Turkoglu over Outlaw, Webster and Batum. If they deal with Philadelphia, they would give away Outlaw, Blake, and some other player. Portland might have enough wings, but not good enough wings.

Roy works great off the dribble and having Turkoglu would give him so much more freedom.

3. texascityman31

Well well. Another Western playoff team gets better. I wonder how much longer we will be beating our meat?

4. Bob Monkeyson

Bob Monkeyson Member

If something like that does happen, then I get the feeling that Andre Miller would be perfect for them and could make portland a very dangerous team.

5. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Would Portland go after Trevor Ariza if other deals fall through?

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

They will have to over pay him and hope the Lakers won't match,I would assume that they would do that. I'm not implying that Ariza would have the same kind of impact in Portland as he has done in LA.

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

First, a basketballprospectus.com article had the Blazers as the best "young team", the highest achieving team at their average team age ever. It shows Portland's a for REAL up and comer.
    What that also shows is the Lakers actually overachieved at their age, so they can stand to come back down...

Anyways, Miller and Turkoglu added to their core can make them REALLY good for a long time.

8. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

I wouldn't think so. Portland have their own, more talented version of Trevor Ariza in Batum - and with more upside.

9. blender

blender Member

His Yahoo articles are pretty top-notch too. Well written and not a lot of fluff.

10. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

That lineup would be to sick :eek: , we got to do anything possible to make sure they dont sign Hedo.......By...... US SIGNING HIM!!!!!!! :D

11. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I think that'll be tight for Portland, depending on how the salary cap falls (projected to recede back to $57M), and how that S&T for Miller would work. If Miles hadn't gotten his cap revenge on them with Memphis, they'd be straight.

As it stands, I *believe* they can only offer a deal starting at $8M to Turkoglu (who's reportedly asking for a 5 year deal starting at $10M), and that's only if they waive their rights to Channing Frye.

Also trying to figure out what Philly would want in return. Blake & Outlaw make sense - both will be expiring, they add up to a $8M to $10M S&T exchange for Miller.

I don't really see why they're hot for Hedo - Roy already does everything Hedo brings to the table, and better.

Evan

12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Roy does everything Turkeyglue does, only better. I think it's fairly obvious Portland needs a PG upgrade much more than they need yet another wing. 2/3's are so interchangeable in this league -- Portland literally has five rotation caliber wings to fill two positions while sporting one of the league's worst PG rotations. Blake is okay but ideally a backup and who knows what the future holds for Rodriguez/Bayless?

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wasn't Rodriguez just traded?

DD

14. worzel gummidge

After the Olympics, McMillan was toying with the idea of playing Roy at PG alongside Rudy...

Roy, Blake, Mills
    Fernandez, Batum, Bayless
    Hedo, Webster, Cunningham
    Aldridge, Outlaw, Pendergraph
    Przybilla, Oden

15. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A little silly to go off of rumors of ewhat a team is trying to do in order to cast aspersions at the Rockets, don't you think?

If that is your standard you could say, "Man, the Rockets have gone after Stoudemire, Barbosa, Rubio/#2 pick, and Rudy gay - they will be killer next year!!! ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

16. coldsweat

coldsweat Member

i really hope they would, although as another poster pointed out, it is unlikely because they already have batum. but some team needs to drive up the price for ariza because if the lakers re-sign both him and odom, it's going to be difficult to stop them from repeating.

17. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

I doubt they'd go for both Turguglu and Miller, that'd leave them with 3 players who, albeit unselfish, would need the ball in their hands quite a bit....It'd be a pretty sick rotation though if they were to pull it off...

18. Steve_Francis_rules

I agree that it doesn't make a lot of sense. If they were able to add Turkoglu, another player who can create for himself and others, they probably wouldn't really need to upgrade at the point guard position anymore.