1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ric Bucher] "Steve Nash probably is No. 1" in trade rumors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by worzel gummidge, Nov 10, 2010.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Not sure I'd do it. I guess if no better deal is out there. But they would have to include some pick or something.

2. s3ts

s3ts Member

i'd do it in a heartbeat. we'd be an unstoppable offensive force.

Nash can dish to anyone, anywhere while simultaneously drawing doubles. we already have one of the best foul-drawing teams in the league. imagine how many opposing players we can put in foul trouble if we have someone like Nash. and unlike SOME players, we can be relatively sure that chemistry won't be an issue.

... but, yeah, we'd still have issues with our defense.

and we'd still need a closer.

3. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

If Nash leaves, we could always consider trading some young talent for Grant Hill. He's looked pretty good with Phoenix.

4. Rocketman81

Rocketman81 Member

DO NOT WANT! He is old and is declining. It would remind me of the Nets and Mavs trading Devin Harris for Jason Kidd. That was stupid on the part of the Mavs. We would be making the same mistake. Please don't do it Morey!

5. makman

makman Member

And? AB is young and declining. I'd do it in a heartbeat AB, JJ, Hill, Both 1st round picks whatever really. He's got at least 3 years left and by that time the Rockets should be rebuilding. If you won't trade average players for a hall of famer your a fool, Mavs did it and we should too.

I hope a trade for anything comes soon, this team is too hard to watch we make Washington look like the Lakers.

6. worzel gummidge

[​IMG]

7. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Yeah... Your just a freakin' idiot. Maybe you should actually think before making r****ded comments on blogs... just a thought. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Nash >>> Jason Kidd.

If you think they are the same, you are very incorrect.

9. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

jason Kidd made the Mavs better, and since when it was a mistake, the guy is true leader and future hall of famer, I think he did pretty good job since he became a maverick.

10. bratna8

bratna8 Member

If we get Nash, he'll be injured next week. ;)

11. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

More like Lowry and Jeffries era.

12. Raven

Raven Member

I think the Suns will do the right thing and trade Nash to a contender, and that's not us.

13. Steve_Francis_rules

The last two years with Devin Harris, the Mavs made it to the Finals and then won 67 games before losing in the first round largely because of a horrible matchup. With Kidd, the team keeps losing in the first round, including last year with home court advantage. How are they better now?

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Cuban keeps tinkering and it screws them up...they let Nash walk over $5 million spread over 5 years....

I mean how stupid was that?

DD

15. worzel gummidge

They had to get rid of Harris. He was too injury prone for a starter. Nets last season wasn't helped by his health.

16. Sanity2disChaos

I could see a trade for Nash that would include brooks,etc......its within the realm of reality.With lowry and his up and down injuries nobody will want him until he can stay healthy himself (point he is here for awhile). Once brooks is healthy expect serious trade talks to start (if not already) about a point guard swap.........it is written.

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Steve Nash may be my favorite player that doesn't wear a Rockets jersey - but I still don't think I'd want to trade for him. I would if it would make us contenders, but right now we're unsure of Yao's status and we're 1-6. I hardly think replacing one no defense point guard for another older better no defense point guard is the move that puts us over the top. It only makes sense for a team to trade for Nash if he's the piece that puts them over the top this season. Because how many serviceable seasons does he have left at age 36?

18. worzel gummidge

Stockton retired at 40 and probably could have gone another for more. At that age with the money he had made the NBA schedule being what it is it isn't worth it over family.

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Stockton peaked in 89-90 and declined statistically pretty much every season until he retired in 02-03. He was serviceable up until the end - that much is true. But he hadn't been elite for a good six years. He also only had one season in that final six years where he averaged more than 30 minutes per game (and just barely at 31 mpg). When he was 36 years old (the same age as Nash) he averaged 11.1 ppg and 7.2 apg. His final season with the Jazz he averaged 10.2 ppg and 7.7 apg.

Clearly he was still a very good point guard through those years, but he obviously wasn't the elite player he once was. Jason Kidd is also still starting in the league and he's over 36, but would you want to trade for him? Honestly, even the few exceptions of hall of fame caliber point guards (Stockton and Kidd) who play beyond the age of 36 aren't all that impressive. So I really don't know why you'd even bother making the argument. Nash was a great player. And I hope he gets traded to a contender so he can have a chance at a ring. But we're not that contender. And while you could well be right and Nash may well shock us all and continue to play at an elite level right up until 40 (though it seems his decline has already begun), it still strikes me as foolish to bet against father time. Age catches up with all of us. Even the great ones.

20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Nash could never get Phoenix over the hump in his prime, with a lot more talent than the Rockets have. Trading for him with anything but non-rotation players would be beyond stupid.