1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ric Bucher on why nobody wants to play for Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FEAR THE BEARD, Jul 29, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Remii

Remii Member

You lost me with LeBron and Melo. LeBron is the best player on the planet so it's not outside the realm of possibility that he feels that he can win a championship in Cleveland and or he felt that Bosh and Wade were no longer good enough to win with. And Melo may have ultimate faith in Phil and I don't blame him for that. I get what you're saying with everything else though.

2. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Everything that Dwight and Harden said were true (might not have been the best way to say it though). The only people who have a problem with their comments are Parsons and haters.

3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Hmm, I must have missed the memo. I was under the impression that you first had to win titles before you became a "villain" in the NBA.

4. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

Ric Bucher is not good at his job.....spreading stupid rumors during free agency as if they were fact(then apologizing)

He is a lame a** jumping on the " I hate rockets" bandwagon to get some hits. Screw that guy

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I vote that we replace the term "role players" with "minions". That way, it won't come off as arrogant and condescending the next time DH or the Beard speak about their teammates.

6. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Why in the world would you make a Ric Bucher thread? Honestly how much does he need to do to make it obvious he's a hack?

I suppose considering that we still have people here taking King Drew seriously, there really is no limit to how much people will swallow.

7. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

was trying to keep it short.

NY offered melo the most money and he wanted to be at home. maybe they'll be good in the future, but I think the money and home, plus Lala was the real lure)

Lebron wanted to go home. So for him it was happiness, plus - they have a brighter future long term, but he immediately dismissed houston which would have been his best chance if it was all about winning.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Doesn't matter if they have the right or not. All that matters is whether they are or aren't upset.

I can't really believe there are no players on the squad who are upset. There are some people on the squad who should be upset because they are good enough to aspire to being more than role players.

9. Remii

Remii Member

LaLa probably would have been just as happy in L.A. I think it's Melo who loves playing in the mecca of the basketball world and the bright lights big city of NYC. But it can be argued that Chicago probably would have been the best "win now" spot for him and not Houston. Plus he can just sit back and wait for Howard to opt out of his contract so he and Phil can recruit him in 2 years seeing how Howard likes Phil and wanted to play in NYC.

LeBron is said to be a very cerebral guy. And a team that got beat in the playoffs by a less talented team, with two star players who may not appear as serious about the game as him, has a suspect coach, and a GM that would flip the team on a drop of a dime may not have been all that attractive to him. But he would have been vilified even more if he went to any place but Cleveland (if that's something that matters to him).

I agree completely with the rest of your post but I don't believe that just because two super stars like LeBron and Melo didn't choose Houston (a team that hasn't been able to get out of the 1st round) doesn't mean they are giving up on their championship aspirations. They may just simply don't believe in this organization as much as us clutchfans do.

10. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Once upon a time Bucher reported for ESPN. Here he is on b/r. Womp womp.

11. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

No problems with Dwightmares comments but Hardens comments are f*ct

12. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Once again I find it funny that that nobody wants to play with Harden but want to play with
    Love.

13. gqgeo

gqgeo Member

Exactly, at this point ***** all the chatter and lets get this season started!

14. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Harden made it to the finals.

15. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Holy **** I hate Bucher so freaking much!!

This is so r****ded! Nobody said anything wrong about the teammates! If anything they showed confidence in the current teammates by saying that the loss of Parsons won't hurt too bad and they'll be okay!

When did everyone become such p*****s? There is nothing wrong with being a role player!! People need to grow up!

16. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

rockets didn't need a 3rd star. they should've just upgraded their bench from the get go this offseason.

17. amaru

amaru Member

gotta get those bills paid somehow huh Bucher?

18. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

wait till Harden recruits KD

19. ribbit

ribbit Member

This is what I thought when Bucher said that. One year!

TBH, I really think last season's 1st round exit was a fluke. Well, not exactly, but that defense against Lillard. :grin: But I think 7 out of 10 times, the Rockets will get out of the first round with H&H as cornerstones.

20. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

These are what I am saying. I agree with you.

This is what I disagree. If they said that off record, I have no problem with. What they did, in front of the media, was wrong. No one wants their teammates to be a big mouth and attracts negative attention. It will hurt our chance of landing free agent in 2016. Media wanted to chance to paint Howard and Harden as the bad guys, stir it up. They are giving the media the perfect chance to do so. Whoever has a chance to come here in 2016, now have to think twice on a team with 2 negative image stars, that will only drop their value. I am talking about when the player has equal chance of winning on other teams, but playing with players with positive image, this will place an important weight on their decision.