1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ric Bucher] Dwight Howard has eye on Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Dwight is gonna lose tons of fans. But he will also gain a bunch of fans... Laker fans *sigh*

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Well, then the only deal think Orlando would do right now would be something like Gasol, Bynum and Odom (perhaps plus other stuff) for Dwight, Arenas and Turkoglu.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=5vkn6wc

Otherwise, they wait at least another 1/2 year to see what happens with the new CBA and how their team does next season. If ORL is to trade Dwight, besides getting talent back, they must also find a way to dump the bad contracts of Turk and especially Arenas.

The funny thing is I wonder how good Kobe will be over the next few years with his ailments. If Kobe goes down, then Dwight might end up being on just as flawed a team as he's on now.

3. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

I really hope this guy is full of it, i really dont want this to be true.

4. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

I'm hoping he's wrong too, but he has been accurate before. He says the deal will include Bynum or Gasol, but not both. If true, I don't see why Orlando does it.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

6. Yoda

Yoda Member

Oh, great. That's wonderful. Gasol for Dwight. "what are the lakers going to do with 2 centers? Are they going to play dwight at the 4?" BAM! Bynum for CP3 done deal. Gotta love this bull****. **** these players of today. Give me 90's ball all day.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Kobe is a dominant person, he is an alpha male... Dwight Howard is not, he is more like David Robinson (but not as skilled). Dwight would do what he does in the playoffs, slip into the background.

8. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

9. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

10. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

He throws a lot of crap against the wall and gets one to stick now and then.

11. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

12. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

From the minimal Twitter conversations I've had with him, he reports rumors as soon as he hears them without waiting for a second source for confirmation. He isn't a journalist that's why he isn't concerned with accuracy, just passing on what he knows/heard.

13. ThaShark316_28

Problem with any Howard to LA trade...

The Lakers break something that didn't need fixing, IF you compare it to other things they need. Not saying Bynum > Howard, but their PG situation is atrocious on a good day at this point. Not to mention the total lack of athleticism at the swingman positions and the overall lack of a competent bench. It's nice going forward because it opens up future money, but the odds of getting Paul (likely to NY) and Williams, are on the slim side.

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Doubt that's true cuz I see nothing about it on Lakersground.

15. TheGoldenGreek

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/umDr0mPuyQc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Garner

Garner Member

I was just lurking around on Lakersground- I'm really, really thankful we do not have pictures to go with the monikers.

They are truly awful to look at.

17. psingh34

psingh34 Member

what is someone like morey supposed to do when all the superstars want to go to like 3 cities even before they become free agents??? build through draft and trade for people? oh thats rights that what he has been trying to do

18. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

i wish dwight had a hakeem to go up against, to be making bold moves like these...

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

DH didn't say anything, in fact all he said was he wasnt going anywhere so all the media just STFU.

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Dwight wants to win, he doesn't really care where he does it, although he'd prefer it to be Orlando, if someone gets him in a trade and offers him a scenario to win, where enough space exists to grab say Chris Paul and good roleplayers, he'll sign, if Orlando can get Paul or Williams, he'll stay, basically if Orlando trades him, it's them admitting they don't have any way to properly upgrade the team.