1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ric Bucher] Dwight Howard has eye on Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Dec 22, 2010.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

and bynum is not injury-prone? and odom isn't nearly past his prime? i'm sure the magic would rather take wade over that combination.

2. bongo33

bongo33 Member

I don't understand Dwight's reasoning... In two years the Lakers probably won't be in serious contention... PLus with Kobe hogging the ball he won't get many touches. He needs to go to a team with a great pass first PG. One with CP3, or maybe he'll go to the Thunder to form a young core of him and KEvin Durant.
    Honestly Boston doesn't look like a bad choice either... Rondo to Dwight alley oops all day. R2D12

3. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

True.

If Heat were offering LeBron, I bet they would easily accept it knowing Dwight will bail.

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Or Houston.

5. RockStrosTex

RockStrosTex Member

i hate the lakers more than any franchise in the world of sports!! so glad the mavs swept dat azz this season....i couldnt have been any happier to witness that!!

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Heat absolutely, positively will not entertain the notion of trading Wade or LeBron.....unless LeBron insists on being moved (1 in 100 chance right now)

Dwight may like the idea of LA...but he won't like the reality. Kobe's closing up shop, Bynum would have to be moved with either Odom or Gasol in any deal, and the incoming cap may make it just as difficult to recruit help there as Orlando.

If he wants a little superfriends group in a major city, he needs to push for NY, Brooklyn, Chicago, or the Clips. And he may have to wait until FA if that's going to happen.

7. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Unfair. Add a CP3. Showtime 2.0
    :-D idk about a ring, but they would be the most entertaining team since the showtime lakers

1 person likes this.
  8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

If Orlando trades Howard I expect them to get a good package in return. He can't outright sign with LA and the new CBA is supposed to be more restrictive. I think free agents will have less options under the new rules.

9. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I have him on my Ballers most likely to catch the HIV office pool. That dude has tons of illegitimates and supposedly demands only unprotected sexy time from groupies.

If he goes LA then I like my chances.

10. Raven

Raven Member

I'm stunned, stunned, that another superstar wants to play in a glamor city, just stunned.

:rolleyes:

11. MD_in_Training

He has one illegitimate child, as far as I know.

12. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

You have to be kidding yourself or a Lakers fan to think Magic would want Bynum and Odom over Dwayne Wade.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wow...he'd instantly go from one of my favorites to despised.

14. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

He is counting on Kobes legs to hold up a few more years. Its not happening. Dont count on it after he see's Kobe new version 2.0 in the coming years. Besides. You are not getting Dwight Howard without giving up Pau Gasol.

15. blackistan

blackistan Member

i guess we can all dream huh

16. noize

noize Contributing Member

Ric Butchered has the worse source of anyone in the business. He's resume speaks for themselves and he only does this to gain attention to himself.

The only time DH would even think about the Lakers if another young super-star go with him.

The best destination for him if he wants to contend and win multiple championship until he retire is Oklahoma, Miami and Chicago.

17. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Houston is a nice city god dammit.

1 person likes this.
  18. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Dallas would be pretty dominant with him as well. Dirk isnt going to decline that quickly. Houston would also be a good fit but I'm not so sure he would turn us into instant contenders.

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Seeing as how the Lakers have had such good luck trading the younger brother for the older brother, I anticipate the Lakers to draft Jahaziel Howard in the 2012 draft to finally get the deal done.

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

They're just doing their job as one of L.A.s D-league teams.

1 person likes this.