1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RG3 about to be released

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaDakota, Jan 11, 2016.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

He's going to Dallas.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I thought it was clear what I was getting at..

I don't think either of them would get us where we want to go. So I would wish them well while they play here, but I will know that we'll still need to address the QB position. Like I did with Hoyer.

I wouldn't hope for him to get hurt, but I know he would. And at that point we could then hopefully really address the QB position.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

BoB is actually very stubborn. He wants to adapt, but he wants to adapt his way.

1 person likes this.
  4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, if you think about it the only true adaptation we saw of his offense (or that I saw) was when guys like Yates or Weeden came in and had to pick things up very very quickly. In those cases, O'Brien was forced to dumb things down. But I'm not so sure he would do that if he had a guy for a full offseason. He may very well expect the guy to run his offense the way he wants it.

5. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

if this organization is really looking to change then they would bring in a guy like RG3 to compete at least if he is willing. We need a QB than can escape the pocket when it collapses. There were too many times that Hoyer had 10-15 yards of open space in front of him but he decided to throw into coverage.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

A lot of people are not real fans, or they want the team to win their way.

If we get RG3 guarantee you that there will be people that are hoping he fails just so they can say "See, told you so." they don't really care if the team loses they are just happy to be proven right.

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

You know, this is probably the most accurate description of OB that I have seen.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Well, yeah. It's his system adapted to the players within it. Every coach has a system and some will make changes within the framework to make it fit the players. Some won't at all and expect the players to make all of the adjustments (see Kubiak, Gary).

9. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Soo is he still on the team or what? Obviously he won't play there but I haven't seen anything confirmed yet or perhaps I just haven't looked hard enough

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

Duh. That's like saying I'm flexible in how we communicate but I want to communicate in a language I understand.

11. rezdawg

So you're not really flexible then.

12. Indaface

Indaface Member

Gimme RG3, draft a qb in the first 3 rounds and dump Hoyer = happy me this offseason

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

Yes I am. Using my analogy, I'm willing to find common words, use sign language, or draw pictures. You speaking gibberish and expecting me to understand is not the only definition of flexible. Flexible doesn't mean you can bend every single way, it means you're not stuck in your one way and are willing to adapt/compromise. Even the Patriots can't work with certain players. No one is 100% flexible.

14. rezdawg

I don't think the expectation is 100% flexibility.

15. rezdawg

Heard it on the radio today. Trade Clowney, our first round pick, and a 3rd rounder...to move up into the top 7 picks and take one of the top two QBs remaining.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

I think working with four different QBs (five if you include BJ) in a season and changing your game plan for each is pretty flexible. And I'm not an O'Brien fan.

17. rezdawg

Well, that's part of coaching...every team deals with injuries and adjusts.

I'm more talking about game planning. OB isn't the flexible guy he came in saying he was.

Look at KC as an example. Week 1 was terrible game planning against KC. What happened in the playoff game? Exact same thing. Kelce only had 3 100 yard games on the year, but two of them came against us. KC beat us exactly the same way a few days ago as they did in week 1...no change at all in how we prepared for them. That's the flexibility that I'm referring to. All coaches are "flexible" with their roster bc there is no other choice when injuries occur.

18. mick fry

mick fry Member

You should change that station.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Save time, just blow up the radio.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

With all the turnovers in the first half, the Chiefs were up by only two scores to start the third quarter and they kept Kelce out of the endzone. The defense played Kelce much better than they did in week 1.