1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But he has also always been, and likely always will be at the top of the league in terms of boxscore plus/minus.

Why?

Because he is an excellent player. Statistically, assessed over time, his teams are significantly better when he is on the floor, then when he is off of it.

Russell Westbrook is far from perfect, but let's not underrate the things he does extremely well, just because he (The Media) robbed James Harden of an MVP. I'd also like to point out that his greatest weaknesses happen to be James Harden's greatest strengths. If we got Westbrook, I for one would be extremely excited.

I know I'm not convincing any of you, because you guys are dug in deeeeeeeeeeep and that's okay. It's like talking politics when it comes to Westbrook on Clutchfans, starting with Clutch himself. :D

bobloblaw and ISOBall like this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

AFAIK you can only impact a game 3 ways, offense, defense and rebounds. First of all Westbrick's a pg he has no business getting rebs in fact his rebs are gotten by his big men boxing out for him so that's a negative on the rebs. Offense, you can already see Westbrick showed a 46% TS rate, that's beyond horrible we're not talking about FG we're talking about TS. For your TS to be that low you are among the least efficient superstars in the league, you're a worse scorer than Wicky Wubio if you get the ball most of the time you are gonna miss. So on offense and rebs we all know Westbrick sucks ass. That only leaves defense and while Westbrick has moments of greatness on D he isn't exactly a super amazing defensive stopper because at the end of the day he is a guard, he's too small to defend the Lebrons, Kawhis and KD's of the NBA.

All in all, I don't even know how you can argue Westbrick makes his team much better based on stats since the stats I look at show he isn't that good.

Also, here's the list of Real Plus Minus in 2018/2019. Westbrick is 12th of all point guards in the NBA so he isn't close to the top at all. But Chris Paul is 4rth so even by your own stats we would downgrade from 4rth to 12th lol:

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/position/1

3. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Do it. Why not? We not winning **** as it stands anyway.

vlaurelio likes this.
  4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Ima big get him he a asset guy....so I would do it. even tho I have my issues with him. Only that he cant be ur best player..he would be here so I'm for.it.

Also can we get Serge too

Possum likes this.
  5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

ppl need to go back and watch 12' Westbrook and Harden highlights if you think this pairing won't work...

and they had an even WORSE coach than D'antoni in Scott Brooks back then.

If you thought Dantoni's system is bad, watch a Scott Brook team, basically just lets his players do whatever they want.

Yea, we don't have a KD on the team but we have better role players. We can even use our MLE to pick up a top tier buyout agent.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Its up to morey to aquire him
    And mda or whoever the coach is to maximize his strengths
    Attacking and Scoring in the Paint
    Passing
    Rebounding

7. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Westbrook is my least favorite player in the NBA. I would prefer Draymond Green over him. Westbrook is just so smug off the court, and inefficient on the court. I would never look forward to a post game interview after a win. If anything goes wrong, he will be the first to blame. The GARM will destroy him after every loss.

8. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

...because it's a terrible idea.

9. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Dray's often an @ss, but he plays smart team basketball (well, except for the tantrums and angry fouls) and all-world defense all over the court. Neither can shoot, but at least Dray REALIZES he can't shoot anymore.

#29 PlayBall, Jul 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  10. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

No need to worry.....Morey won’t pull it off. Honestly don’t think the Rockets intend to do anything this offseason. Correction: We are going after a 38 year old backup center. Bring on the confetti.

11. vick

vick Member

With Harden and Westbrook on the court, someone would be open every play. You can't double team both. If you do Rockets will score140 points a game. It would be exciting every game. 140 to 137 games all year. Would set record for both points scored and points given up. It would be like the old ABA games. Sign me up.

RocketsFido and bobloblaw like this.