1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Return to vintage jerseys?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jcj884, Dec 20, 2011.

?

What jerseys should the Rockets wear this season?

1. The current red and white jerseys (2003-present)

9.0%
  2. The blue and while pinstripe pajamas (1995-2003)

7.5%
  3. The classic ketchup and mustard jerseys (pre-1995)

83.5%
  1. jcj884

jcj884 New Member

It seems like there's a broad movement among NBA franchises to move back to their old logos and jerseys. We saw the Pistons do it. Utah has fully converted back. Even the Washington Wizards are now using a Bullets-style jersey.

Granted, the jerseys we've been running with throughout most of the Yao era aren't as bad as those silly blue pajamas we wore around in the late 1990's, but they still look terrible compared to the classic ketchup and mustard jerseys we had up until the mid-1990's. I'm under the impression that everyone liked those old jerseys and the old logo better, and we definitely need to go back. Has anyone heard any rumors that this might happen?

I figured we have the jerseys we have now because they look incredibly Asian and that using those jerseys was a way to appeal to the Yao fans. Now that Yao is gone, can we get rid of these silly things?

3 people like this.
  2. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

One can only hope.

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

strong first post...

never though about this actually

4. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Who voted for those hideous pajama jerseys!! Those were horrible!

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Not even.

It takes a lot of lead time to switch jerseys, so there's no way it's happening this season. Maybe they can start now for switching two seasons from now.

I don't get the assumption that it's an Asian thing. The only element I see in that regard is the red. But, that was a return to our original color. Otherwise, it mostly seems like a space thing, not at all a Chinese thing. That just seems like blame-shifting or something.

Anyway, the originals were better, but I don't think they should go back. I think these uniforms will work okay. The logo, though, needs replacing.

6. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

We still have Jeremy Lin.

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I really liked the hybrid alternate jerseys (current scheme, but ketchup/mustard) and would love to see something like that as the new uniforms.

Blech on the ones that toss in a heavier dose of black or silver.

8. blunto

blunto Member

One can only hope... that they started two seasons ago and the new jerseys will be ready for production soon.

9. cheifbootknocka

I like our Alternate uniforms. They should become our permanent roadies and they should slap some mustard on our home whites somewhere.

10. thething

thething Contributing Member

I did!

11. Know Your Role

The only good part about the blue and white jerseys was the pre=game Rockets Liftoff intro where the Rocket would chase the opposing team until it crashed. Got me pumped each and every night.

12. rju1986

rju1986 Member

Ketchup and Mustard for the win. Retro is the new fashion.

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I agree esp. since I don't see them going all the way back to the vintage one.

14. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Coming into Clutch Fans with a bang! Nice post, here's your rep :grin:

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i just want to say that i equate the current jerseys with the emergence of Yao as our franchise player. Now that he's gone, i think it's time for a change. IMHO we have gone through a really long drought of having good jerseys. I won't even bring up the pinstripes, which was the wost jersey i have ever seen in professional sports. I think a return to the ketchup and mustard would inspire positive memories of Rockets' greatness. We really need that right now.

16. Asian Sensation

I heard we were going back to the retro jersey until we picked up Jeremy Lin.

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The old blue ones please... Just for a game...

18. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

Because we haven't had a retro jersey thread.

1 person likes this.
  19. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I definitely dig the alternates.

I would like new uniforms, though. I'd like to see them do something with the sides. Maybe have it look like the flames from a rocket's take-off.

Ketchup and mustard are a definite must thought. Rockets on the white home unis, Houston on the red road uniforms. I'm probably alone on this, but I'd like yellow alternates as well.

20. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Original thread is original.