1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Retro Jerseys

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ima_drummer2k, Feb 22, 2006.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Man, it was really great seeing them again tonight although I kept waiting for Mario Elie or Otis Thorpe to come off the bench.

The weird (and good) thing is that it didn't really feel like a retro night at all. It just felt like things were back the way they should be. The throwback jerseys we wore last year felt 'retro' but tonight just felt right.

Yao seemed inspired by the jerseys tonight. He had a couple of very Hakeem-like moves, including a vintage fall-away jumper in the 4th quarter. He was being double teamed and basically made the shot while falling out of bounds. Hakeem used to do that 4 or 5 times a night.

I say bring back the championship jerseys for the rest of the year. Home and road. We need good karma for the stretch run.

2. ktvoss

ktvoss Contributing Member

Would you rather buy a T-Mac retro jersey or the Clyde one? I'm pondering this...

3. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

You'd have to think that everyone who would be in the market for one of the new Rockets jerseys has already bought one at this point of the season. If we made a good run to the playoffs, it could only help sales of the retro jersey and you'd actually be selling more jerseys total.

I know this could never happen, I just don't know why. It was funny Cassell playing against us on retro night. Would you guys rather have him on our team than Raefer?

4. ktvoss

ktvoss Contributing Member

As ugly as he is,

No.

5. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

What about T-Clyde jersey? that would be hellacious.

6. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Can I have both? :)

7. mmesser

mmesser Contributing Member

i hope they wear those again :cool:

8. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

its funny you say that cause during this game I once thought bogans favored elie a little. oh, you forgot and cassel. :D

9. mmesser

mmesser Contributing Member

bogans wore number 10 tonight, I thought it was cassell! :eek:

10. Biggienaz786

Biggienaz786 Member

i think the NBA has a rule on the allowed number of nights/games a team can wear retro jerseys before it starts punishing the team. it's something like 6 or 10 games.

11. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

It seems like getting a retro Clyde one would just seem like getting a new old one. A lot of people already have that jersey from '95. The T-Mac on the other hand you know is brand new because T-Mac could barely get into PG-13 movies at the time. He's been getting some hard knocks lately and his popularity is down but he's still one of the top 5 in the league.

Drex though... geez I miss his head down full court drives.

12. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I think what gave it away was the bald head, and the sock length. Sam used to wear his socks like Bogans did tonight when he was a rocket.

13. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I just wanna know how I can get my hands on one of those sweet loking retro warm up tops they were sporting

14. sbyang

sbyang Member

Otis Thorpe (94 version) would start for this team

15. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I wish they had used the championship jersey last year (when they seemed to have a retro night every week). Instead we get the older one that not many people have a connection with and looks kind of blah.

Now they use the championship jersey this year but we will probably only see it one time (tonight). This sucks.

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i liked the retro jersey from last year and bought a t-mac one of it.

it was nice that they finally brought out the retro jerseys tonight. are there any more night or is this the only one?

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

HE WAS WEARING MAXWELLS NUMBER, IT WAS MAXWELL THAT INSPIRED HIM[​IMG]

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he can still start now.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

David Wesley looked like Mario Elie tonight. From far away, his # looked like 17 instead of 7. I kept waiting for DW to blow the kiss of death to the Clipper bench every time he hit a 3.

I really want to see the road jerseys next. The road is where we did our best work in 95. Talk about good memories...

20. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

what about the sweet looking retro Clippers/Braves uniform looked especially hot on the smoking Mobley